Hey all, I've been playing an acoustic guitar for a while and was looking for a cheap but not break in 5 seconds electric guitar to buy (whether by online order or a store). Also, whats a giood but cheap amp to buy?
Last edited by St0sh at Aug 25, 2008,
There is a sticky for this, but it's not THAT good so I'll just help you out.

I'm assuming you want an electric because from the word "cheap" to "Also" I had no idea what you said. Roland microcube is a good cheap amp. Obviously not the best amp out there, but you can get whatever style of music you play from the little thing.

As for a guitar, you're going to need to tell us your budget.
I thoguht you were talking 'bout bass :P
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by chaoticchild555
Get one of those starter packs that Ibanez, Gibson, and Fender sell.

I looked at some of the comments for those online and alot of people say they suck. And Metal yes I meant an electric (not bass^) guitar, sorry for not being clear.
Quote by St0sh
I looked at some of the comments for those online and alot of people say they suck. And Metal yes I meant an electric (not bass^) guitar, sorry for not being clear.

Well... you get what you pay for... what do expect for a $200 pack that gives you the amp, guitar, picks and all... it was something to look at. But, I got my Strat for $400, and damn is it amazing, just save up.
Quote by St0sh

I wouldn't consider that guitar a cheap one. What's you budget? What styles do you gonna play the most?. Are you interested of learning heavy soloing (instrumental stuff)?
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Maybe take a look at the Yamaha PAC series and a Roland Microcube.

Or if you want to spend a little more, personally I'd check out used stuff. You can find some great deals on some pretty good guitars with really nothing wrong but a few scuffs here and there.
either get a gibson/fender etc starter pack,or get a strat clone...my friend's got a strat clone called "encore"...which is pretty good,been playing it for 7 month's and its still working as if new.
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
if you're willing to spend 500 $ on just the guitar there's a lot better ones that u can get for that price range than a strat. Go for the schecter c-1 fr. same price, better floyd and better pickups. Ever since gibson and fender have become the 2 major guitar companies their crap is incredibly over priced.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-C-1-FR-Electric-Guitar-518491-i1169290.gc
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Now I just started playing guitar a few days ago when I got my first guitar which was an electric and I can only play the riffs for Smoke on The Water and Sunshine of Your Love so I might be the best person to take advice from but anyway...

I got a Ibanez GAX30 and a Peavey RAGE 158 Amplifier. Cost a total of about US$316. The hardware is sound, workmanship is great and it sounds good for rock and metal.
Quote by El Cumanés
I wouldn't consider that guitar a cheap one. What's you budget? What styles do you gonna play the most?. Are you interested of learning heavy soloing (instrumental stuff)?

My budget is anywheres from $700 down. I'm mostly interested in a semi-heavy rock thing (kinda like grunge). So I guess soloing would be good.

and ac/dc that guitar looks pretty good, what makes it better than the one I posted earlier, though?
Last edited by St0sh at Aug 26, 2008,
Yeah, $700 isn't cheap. Well, at least to me it's pretty expensive. I would take a look at Schecters or Jacksons in that range. They make some really fantastic guitars in that range.
Quote by Ze_Metal
Yeah, $700 isn't cheap. Well, at least to me it's pretty expensive. I would take a look at Schecters or Jacksons in that range. They make some really fantastic guitars in that range.

Well my dad was looking at some guitars that were 1.5-2k so its cheap enough for us lol