I've noticed that the jack plug in on my guitar has been loose for some time. So I decided to take a wrench and tighten it. Well that fixed the looseness of it but I think one of the wires inside of it snapped or ripped apart and now I don’t get any sound when I play. I took 2 pictures that will maybe help you see what I'm talking about.

I almost forgot to add. How do I fix this? can I take it into guitar center or somewhere that will repair it? How much would that cost?
Last edited by SharpShoot3r07 at Aug 25, 2008,
if ur still in high school just take it there and get someone who knows what they're doing with an iron to help you
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
What do I do with the soldering iron connect the 2 parts that came apart?

yah..u heat the iron, drip solder on it and let it run down to the 2 pieces to connect then
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Find the wire inside the guitar by the controls that isn't connected to anything and solder it to the small peice of metal that it's supposed to be soldered to.
So my only option is to fix it myself? I cant take it in anywhere? If I buy another jack how do I replace those?
The problem is I dont see the 2nd wire? there is only 1 white wire and it looks like it was ripped from that white wire
Quote by Bair
if ur still in high school just take it there and get someone who knows what they're doing with an iron to help you

i'm in high school. and i soldered by myself for the first time. it's common sense almost. just unsolder whatever is on the jack. then push the wire through the hole. melt some lead onto it and it's done. easy. ????? it took me kinda long though like 15 minutes, but it's not hard at all. and i bought a soldering iron at radioshack for 5 bucks... cheap ****. i have no money
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
So my only option is to fix it myself? I cant take it in anywhere? If I buy another jack how do I replace those?

the place i go to charges 15 bucks. new jacks are like 3 bucks and replacing them is over 20. really. buy a soldering iron. solder it on. if you solder the wrong wires. unsolder and switchy... really... don't pay a guy to solder something for you. they're suckering people who don't know how to solder. it's really easy.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack