ive been looking at tube amps for some time now because i want to move up from solid state. i want to know what to get. i need at least 3 channels, midi would be nice, and i have a price range of about $1-1000. ive been looking at a carvin v3 because it has a nice metal sound and midi built in, and mesa boogie dual/triple rec. which i LOVE the sound, but used it can still run up to $1500 and doesnt have midi built in, is there any way i can make it usable with midi? and any other amp suggestions?
amp:
line 6 spider 2

guitars:
schecter custom texas chainsaw massacre avenger
ibanez rg2 ex1
fender strat
galveston acrylic flying v
lyon acoustic

efx:
digitech gnx3
Well what are you playing? Like im figurin your playing metal, but what type of metal? Im just gonna throw in the check out the 5150/6505 as its pretty much a given on those.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Used Dual Rectos can be found pretty cheap if you wait a while. A few days ago there was on on HC for $900 I think it was, not a bad deal.

There's a lot of options for $1000 though.

How much versatility do you need? Good clean channel? Mid gain? etc.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by yocomobebes
Well what are you playing? Like im figurin your playing metal, but what type of metal? Im just gonna throw in the check out the 5150/6505 as its pretty much a given on those.

im playing killswitch engage type stuff, their tone is probably the best ive ever heard, i love the high gain sound they have
amp:
line 6 spider 2

guitars:
ibanez rg2 ex1
fender strat
lyon acoustic

efx:
digitech gnx3
Quote by MatrixClaw
Used Dual Rectos can be found pretty cheap if you wait a while. A few days ago there was on on HC for $900 I think it was, not a bad deal.

There's a lot of options for $1000 though.

How much versatility do you need? Good clean channel? Mid gain? etc.

was it a two or 3 channel recto, because the 2 channel can get cheap but i need 3 or more channels, i want as much versatility out of the amp as possible, which is why i want to have the midi option on it
amp:
line 6 spider 2

guitars:
ibanez rg2 ex1
fender strat
lyon acoustic

efx:
digitech gnx3
Quote by rrandomhero
was it a two or 3 channel recto, because the 2 channel can get cheap but i need 3 or more channels, i want as much versatility out of the amp as possible, which is why i want to have the midi option on it

It was a 3 channel.

The 2 channels sound much better, don't know why you'd want a 3 channel over a 2 channel. If you need more versatility, get an overdrive pedal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com