i'm bout to buy a tube amp (prob a blackheart little giant) and was wondering what overdrive i should get with it to get a good crunchy classic rock sound. something than can do zeppelin, ac/dc, and that kind of stuff. also needs to be good for leads. my budgets probably gonna be under 100 bucks.
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
under 100? digitech bad monkey? you coudl stretch it to a bbe green screamer?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Big Muff Pi if you want Creamy overdrive at low settings, a full on Fuzz when its maxed.
I love my Pro-Co Rat 2, it really shines at lower gains.
The Boss Blues Driver made my anus bleed when I first heard it in all its glory. its realy versatile and loving.

if you get one o' those and invest in a good EQ pedal and place it before you overdrive you'll have an arsenal of kick ass distortions.
nay to the blues driver and big muff

go for a bad monkey or an ibanez ts-9

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

People have a grudge against boss for some reason, i don't get it. they make some fine pedals for there price.
tubescreamer is perfect for you. and dont put a eq infront of it. well it depends what blackheart your getting but if your getting the one with a EQ on the amp thats good enough.
What is this hard on everyone seems to have with the tube screamer? It makes me wonder how many people have actually used them.

Tube screamers are not really "crunchy" pedals, they are very mid heavy and have a very soft attack. AC/DC, Zeppelin tone? Hell no.
Quote by al112987
What is this hard on everyone seems to have with the tube screamer? It makes me wonder how many people have actually used them.

Tube screamers are not really "crunchy" pedals, they are very mid heavy and have a very soft attack. AC/DC, Zeppelin tone? Hell no.

...........fail much?
i wouldnt use the drive that much, more of a booster. and when you boost those freq when you have a ac/dc toen dialed into your amp it acutally makes it sound awsome and i have friends that play ac/dc and he puts a ts9 through this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH15H-Handsome-Devil-Series-15W-Tube-Head-?sku=483096 and trust me it totally does ac/dc.
A Maxon or Ibanez could work. Bad Monkey as well. Hell, maybe even a used MI Audio Crunchbox.

Quote by chrisking92
People have a grudge against boss for some reason, i don't get it. they make some fine pedals for there price.

No they don't, they make mediocre pedals with horrible bypasses for the price.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
A Maxon or Ibanez could work. Bad Monkey as well. Hell, maybe even a used MI Audio Crunchbox.

No they don't, they make mediocre pedals with horrible bypasses for the price.

+1
i hate boss pedals and thats from being at shows where the band are using them and then hearing there tone was **** and they were using a jcm with a metal zone. i was quite mad. and also from friends using them and me never being able to find a good tone, and i have OCD.
Quote by convictionless
...........fail much?
i wouldnt use the drive that much, more of a booster. and when you boost those freq when you have a ac/dc toen dialed into your amp it acutally makes it sound awsome and i have friends that play ac/dc and he puts a ts9 through this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH15H-Handsome-Devil-Series-15W-Tube-Head-?sku=483096 and trust me it totally does ac/dc.

You're using a TS9 to boost a cranked Blackheart for AC/DC or Zeppelin tone? And I fail?

For AC/DC, Zeppelin, you don't need a boost when you have a low wattage tube amp. Maybe if you're looking to play metal, but not classic hard rock.
Quote by al112987
You're using a TS9 to boost a cranked Blackheart for AC/DC or Zeppelin tone? And I fail?

For AC/DC, Zeppelin, you don't need a boost when you have a low wattage tube amp. Maybe if you're looking to play metal, but not classic hard rock.

i said if you wanna boost just incase. if i didnt. im retarded cause thats what i meant........
Quote by chrisking92

actually boss is pretty good for what you pay. but then again.... you do pay half the price. so you get half the pedal. no actually it's more expensive than half the price.. and boss is all digital. maybe you can't hear it, but i really cant stand boss distortion or overdrives. it's horrible. bees in a can. that's what theyre famous for sounding like. yeah down with digital effects that cost less!!!(poor man's pedals or impatient man's pedals)

i say go for the TS-9 or the MXR zakk wylde overdrive.. ****. overdrives are not distortions. they have amps with distortion, you put it on top of the distortion for gain and sustain. or you can use it as an overdrive with some crunch and boosted mids/treble.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Aug 25, 2008,