So I've been in a band for about a year, and we're defenately coming together with tone and sound etc, but I'm excited to finally play out (after we find one of them drummist guys)

So Pit, how long did your band rehearse before you were out playing gigs? Obviously, this applies only to people that are in a band and have played out.

any Rock Band or Guitar Hero replies will result in getting mauled by Azndog:
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
it took me about 6 months with my band, but we're only now starting to really have fun with it and make some form of money
about 1 week
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Well, my band is having member issues at the moment. Our guitarist is an ass and decided having sex with ex girlfriends is more important that writing with his band, so he's out and now we're stuck with me now playing guitar and bass and singing and my drummer
Common sense is becoming such and uncommon trait.
it can take a ****ing while. if you have the chemistry between the members make sure your **** is solid and you'll be kicking ass in no time!
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
It took us about 3 months, and we played a televised gig, shortly followed by a show in the Town Park on Canada Day. Weve together for about 6 months now, and we are recording our demo tommorow. We have people from local radio stations, and a guy from New York who wants to play our stuff.

...Im really proud
about 6 months
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
well my bands been together a year and a half but because my drummer is in every sport imaginable and my keyboardist is in a million musicals and choruses and stuff we still haven't played out and only have about 20 minutes of music learned.
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
A couple months for me. Before we played together, we were expecting it to be just a hobby. After we played together once, we were just in shock. We worked together so well from the minute we started playing. We weren't even playing songs, just jamming.

Since then, we've written about an albums worth of material in 6 months. In the next couple months a demo is going out to a bunch of bars so we can try and get some more gigs aside from the few minor ones we had previously.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Quote by Tubyboulin
It took us about 3 months, and we played a televised gig, shortly followed by a show in the Town Park on Canada Day. Weve together for about 6 months now, and we are recording our demo tommorow. We have people from local radio stations, and a guy from New York who wants to play our stuff.

...Im really proud

Wow, congrats man. I hope you guys do well
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
My band started as what seemed like a joke 3 years ago... we didnt do anything til a year ago, Practice seems to be hang out at my house time.... But we apparently have a show in the spring. Better get our asses in gear
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
ive been playin a year and a half and we have only had one show almost a year we go right when we started. We have another one saturday and we recorded two days ago.

look us up T.H.G on myspace
We played a show after maybe two months or so, maybe three, we headlined.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter