Disturbed is classified as "Nu-Metal". I love Disturbed and listen to them all the time, and personally think that putting fake words in front of others or combining words should not make a genre. I mean honestly- Thrashcore? Deathcore? Anything ending in cor or starting with Thrash? I say we make a definitive list of genres and leave it at that. If I leave anything out, tell me and give an example.

Metal- Metallica, Disturbed
Punk- Ramones, Buzzcocks
Rock- RHCP
Classic Rock- Led Zeppelin,Cream
Emo- Scary Kids Scaring Kids, My Chemical Romance (that should start some ppl up)
Country-Tim Mcgraw
There is only one genre starting with Thrash...

Thrash metal...

But, yes there are tons of genres.

Each one necessary.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
There is only one genre starting with Thrash...

Thrash metal...

But, yes there are tons of genres.

Each one necessary.

This is true. If i remember correctly i was on the other side of this argument once. Slay won
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Quote by thefunk

Emo- Scary Kids Scaring Kids, My Chemical Romance (that should start some ppl up)

yeah, you definitely hit a nerve with me there. neither of those bands are actual emo music. The only similarity is that SKSK is actually a song by a real emo band. Read up on your history now and don't make me waste my time putting you in your place, cause you obviously have no idea what emo is.

Slaytanic's always right btw.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
you have left a lot out, I mean come on, where's the Jazz (all the sub genre), Blues,

classical: Classical, Romantic, Baroque, Romantic, Avant Garde, Renaissance and more periods I can't name

Metal: Thrash (Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth), NWOBHM(Iron Maiden, Judas Priest), Progressive Metal(Opeth, Dream Theater), Death Metal(Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel), Melodic Death Metal, Technical Death Metal, Avant Gard Metal, Power Metal, Black Metal, Industrial Metal, Doom Metal, Funeral Doom Metal

you are really going to make a list? I have not even covered all the metal sub genre's and I am sick of it.
Quote by thefunk

Metal- Metallica, Disturbed
Punk- Ramones, Buzzcocks
Rock- RHCP
Classic Rock- Led Zeppelin,Cream
Country-Tim Mcgraw

All I have to say is:

Pretty sure you don't know **** about music. Read up on these genres, take the time to learn about something before you complain about how ****ed up it is.

You forgot the entire progressive/hybrid ends of Metal, Hardcore Punk, Indie Rock, Post-Hardcore, Crustpunk/Grindcore, Crossover, Metalcore, and hundreds of other fields.
coming to terms with an inevitable death.
You also forgot Nu-Metal, Progressive Rock, Hard Rock, Nu Wave, Reggae, Soul, Funk, Pop Punk, Techno, Trance, Electronica...and possibly 1000 other genre's