ok well ive been wanting to learn how to scream properly for a while know, and I guess that one of the zen of screaming DVDs by melissa cross would be the best choice.

My problem is I dont know which one I should get.

The zen of screaming

or the zen of screaming 2?

I already know all of the preparations and stuff and how to not damage my vocal chords while doing it I just need to learn HOW to scream.

thanks in advance.

~GxT
i thought the second one was rather rubbish, and i havent seen the first.
but i do love your avatar, so i recomend you get niether. just find someone you know who can scream and ask them to show you how. but its really something you figure out eventually.
A is A

Quote by CrackAddict2000
I find it quite astonishing how you managed to post this if the site is just a man with a beard.
well ive been "trying to figure it out" for about a year now, I can do it if I use flem (or like mucous in the back of your throat) and I know thats not the correct way, but I cant do it at will so im doing something wrong.
both are really bad. well they are not bad but mellisa doesnt explain it throughtfully so youll feel need the need to pay 20 bucks to mail her or 300 bucks to have sesion with her.
Searchbar "the growling thread and ask slaytanic 1993 for help
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
wat?!?! obviously get the first one
its always better
...signature...
I got the second one but it didn't really help too much. I don't really think you can be TAUGHT to scream, just find a way to do it that doesn't hurt and sounds good. That's what I did and thankfully it hasn't affected my vocal cords.
First, then second.

Duh.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by GuitaristTrue
well do you guys think that you could explain how you learned? instead of just saying "I did it and it sounded good".

Hah, thats the sad part. I wish I could teach you. But I just tried to emulate Tim Lambesis and Randy Blythe from As I Lay Dying and Lamb of God (respectively). From there I moved to emulating Shane Told of Silverstein and Johnny Davy of Job For A Cowboy.

In the end, I had my own style and it's still being added onto. I just tried putting my voice into different parts of my throat, chest, and gut and found that different places didn't hurt, but felt natural.
Quote by GuitaristTrue
well do you guys think that you could explain how you learned? instead of just saying "I did it and it sounded good".

z4twenny's audio lesson is what got me started, then I watched the first Zen, practiced the hell out of it, got the second, tried to perfect some aspects, and now I just practice.

Practice is the key.

That and water. Lots and lots of water.

EDIT: And if you want, I can record a couple samples, I'm not doing anything at the moment.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Last edited by valennic at Aug 25, 2008,
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/z4twenny/music/

Its the How to scream one.

And PM me, and ask for exactly what you're looking for, and I'll do my best to give you that.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance