I currently have a mim fat strat. I had 2 extra humbuckers lying around from when i swapped pickups in my jackson, and wanted to put them in the strat. I started off ok, but i dont really know where to go from here.
So far i routed out some wood from the guitar where the neck single coil was so the humbucker would fit. I wired in the middle pickup, and switched the old humbucker with the new one.
How do i go about getting the new humbucker in? The single coil that was in the neck had two wires, and the colors on them were black and yellow, and the humbucker has 5, and no yellow wire. Does anyone know which wires go where? i heard that two of them dont even get soldered on. Any help would be appreciated
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
You should have 2 positives, 2 negatives and a ground. Try hooking up the two positives together and the 2 negatives together. Those would would be the same as the two wires. Then just ground out the ground wire somewhere on the guitar.
do you have any idea what wires would be the positive and negative? there's a red, black, white, green, and the ground.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus