hey everybody--so i bought the tsl60 in my sig last december, and i was loving it for awhile, but now i've noticed that the clean channel is not that great, and the crunch channel just sounds dull and terrible in general. the only channel i really like is the lead. BUT i've come up with three options...

Option 1:
sell the marshall, use that cash and then some and buy either a Budda Super Drive 30 or an Orange Rocker 30

Option 2:
buy a couple of ceriatone clones (one fender, one marshall) and a/b them for clean and dirty, then use my ts808 for a solo tone (this one's sort of inspired by mike einziger's rig...is there anywhere to get an ac30 clone?)

Option 3:
identical to option 2, just using my palomino as the clean part and the VTM as my dirty amp (plus, this one has the potential for an even bigger sound with the palomino's drive channel plus the vtm)

i'm leaning towards option 3 as a starting point, and maybe moving over to 1 or 2 in the future.

what does everyone think?
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Last edited by spiff389 at Aug 26, 2008,
im digging option 2

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

have you tried a retube in the TSL yet?

if not I highly recommend

Electro Harmonix EL-34
Tun-Sol 12ax7
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Digging option one. Heard a guy in a local band playing through a Budda Superdrive... awesome leads and great cleans (he was playing reggae with solos).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Personally I would go for option #2, but instead of a Marshall clone I'd get one of the Trainwreck clones and have it modded with a PPI master volume (I think Ceriatone will build it with this mod actually).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
which one of the trainwreck clones? i've listened to a few clips on youtube of the original ones, but could it do a hard rock tone well? i really would like one of the overtone special clones, but they cost quite a bit. i bought my 1960a cab used, and the guy had me play a budda through it and i loved the tone. I'm looking for my dirty amp to have a good "roar" to it
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
I'd say option 3 just because it's much easier and cheaper. Selling gear can take a while, if you could get a trade though, that might be good.

Another option is to try KT-77s in the TSL. I know a lot of people have tried this and loved the results.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I second option 3; the Peavey VTMs sound really good for dirty sounds, and the Palomino should have good cleans.

Option 1 could take awhile, but the Orange Rocker 30s or AD30TCs are really great amps (I really dig the ADs cuz I don't need anything else for heavy).

Option 2 is also good, but have you checked out the Matchless clones? The DC-30 sounds really good for clean and dirty sounds, and i forget their other clones.

But I second option 3.
option 2 seems to be the better one. ceriatone will blow your mind btw but be aware of the 200 dollor shiping fee >.>
thanks everybody! i think i'm gonna start out with option 3, use it for awhile, and then see where my head is. i really do like the idea of using multiple amps for my different tones
main rig:

Quote by necrosis1193