it seems like because Im this color my life has to be this way

Im just a lower middle class hispanic doing what I can to make by

Supporting my family (I have no kids just younger siblings)

and working like a typical mexican as nothing more than a laborer

Hard Labor, for little pay and living pay check to pay check just to keep food on the table

isnt funny how no one else called me back where I applied

all because the color of my skin why should people think of me as a strong back and a weak mind

Im trying so hard to get myself and my family out of this lifestyle but here I am nearly 20 years old living in the same small house on the westside of town where I've always been

I know too many people who are in the same boat as me, living a life just like me, most having kids in high school making it much harder to overcome,

They Say we're all born equal... and I know we have a chance, but I beg to differ
It's not the colour of your skin.
Why does everybody who's not white have to assume that white people have it better off?
(3rd world countries not included)

Edit: Why can black people make racist comments and jokes about white people in public, but when a white person does the same about blacks, they get in ALOT of trouble?
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
That's life dude! I'm white, I'm un-employed & have applied for at least 20 jobs in the last couple of months & have not heard back from one! Don't blame it on colour!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Do you have a college degree? If not, why not?
Quote by The Spoon
I wish my girlfriend was a hungry man
Well, most "white" people were here (100's of years ago) who built america, I guess over time each generation got easier so their parents help them out. The teens to have kids are fudging retarded for having sex at their age.
Get super educated. As a nonwhite guy it's the only thing you can do.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Did you go through high school and get a good education? Even if you didn't and are brilliant an employer needs paper proof that you have a diploma or something.

Now I don't know your background, upbringing, or situation, but I knew a lot of people in my high school who squandered their education because they didn't have their priorities straight. Not suggesting that you did this, I just find it sad - I went to one of the best public schools in the U.S., especially when there are people less fortunate who want to succeed but lack the resources or tools to do so.
Quote by Fryer Mike
Why does everybody who's not white have to assume that white people have it better off?

Edit: Why can black people make racist comments and jokes about white people in public, but when a white person does the same about blacks, they get in ALOT of trouble?

A lot is two words.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Fryer Mike

+1

Just because someones white does not mean they are any better off than someone who's hispanic or black or anything else.
Your crying over being lower middle class? I'm working class white guy, how do you think I feel?
In some cases, they do. Based on your location, I'm going to assume you don't know what its like to have a part of town that is almost completely Hispanic or Spanish-speaking. In many cases, even though we would not like to admit it, a white person has an advantage over people of other races, especially when it comes to job applications. This is especially true in cities closer to the Mexican border. I know, I'm in Phoenix.
wah? go cry about it. the pit takes no prisoners.

if you ask me, **** like this is a poor excuse for you to complain and not do ****. im hispanic too and i dont have any problems.

L2livelife noob.
This is such bullsh*t, i know plenty of non-white succesful people personaly and i aint from an upperclass area or background.
Grow a pair and stop blaming your short comings on your race and take responsability for your own life and stop being such a stereotype.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by jmonko
A lot is two words.

I know...
Typo, would you forgive me?
Jackass.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by jmonko
A lot is two words.

Come on, his grammar and spelling were fine except for that.
Quote by GaijinFoot
Your crying over being lower middle class? I'm working class white guy, how do you think I feel?

You feel pissed off that Barack Obama could be the next president but are using your income as an excuse for bigotry.

I know how poor white people think.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Oh look, a crutch.

Indeed.

Maybe it's you, not your skin color. White people can be poor. I know. I've been a member of the lower class. Hispanics can be rich. In fact, I believe the richest man in the world is Hispanic. So quit using your skin color to compensate for your inability to make something of yourself and better your life.
Quote by jmonko
A lot is two words.

right on
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Hey guess what? Maybe you should get your ass off the computer and look for more jobs. Maybe you should get an education. Also, the internet must cost alot... so just get rid of it.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by NGD1313
Indeed.

Maybe it's you, not your skin color. White people can be poor. I know. I've been a member of the lower class. Hispanics can be rich. In fact, I believe the richest man in the world is Hispanic. So quit using your skin color to compensate for your inability to make something of yourself and better your life.

SMACK!
Sorry, TS. The man has a good argument.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by Masonpwiley
Come on, his grammar and spelling were fine except for that.

Quote by Fryer Mike
I know...
Typo, would you forgive me?
Jackass.

If you hadn’t capitalized "ALOT" I wouldn’t have said it.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by civildp1
You feel pissed off that Barack Obama could be the next president but are using your income as an excuse for bigotry.

I know how poor white people think.

I wasn't bigotry and I don't live in America, you fail on both counts.
Quote by jmonko
If you hadn’t capitalized "ALOT" I wouldn’t have said it.

I was going to bold it. I should obey my instincts more often.

You shouldn't do that kind of thing though; it makes you look foolish.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by Fryer Mike
I was going to bold it. I should obey my instincts more often.

You shouldn't do that kind of thing though; it makes you look foolish.

I think bold would have made a better statement.

Pointing out peoples mistakes?
I usually don't, because most of the time I don't feel like going through the extra work of editing what I say.
Feel special, that was like a once in a lifetime thing.
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by jmonko at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by jmonko
I think bold would have made a better statement.

Maybe even size it up a bit?
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by GaijinFoot
I wasn't bigotry and I don't live in America, you fail on both counts.

Then why are you posting? This is obviously a more american-centric thread. There's very few mexicans worried about paying the bills in non North American countries.
Also, TS. Just so you don't get flamed more, I'm reporting this. I suggest you post it in a blog or something. No offense, just trying to help.
*reported*
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
When you're poor enough to complain, don't tell us because you wouldn't have a computer or internet access to whine about it on the net.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.