people mainly say these amps have nice features? but lack bottom end--- i was thinking if i have a pedal that controls low like a bad monkey can i just use that to make up for lack of bottom end
A new speaker or an extension cab would add bottom end.

Or rolling down some treble and cranking the bass.

And using a humbucker guitar.
Quote by imgooley
A new speaker or an extension cab would add bottom end.

Or rolling down some treble and cranking the bass.

And using a humbucker guitar.

yes but i was asking if a pedal with a bass control could also do that
A lot of people on this site seem disappointed by it, you should definitely try it out before you even consider buying it.

EDIT: To answer your question, an EQ pedal could improve the bass since it can boost frequencies and not just cut them.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Last edited by thsrayas at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by Acquiescence
yes but i was asking if a pedal with a bass control could also do that

I've found that on Digitech pedals, the bass knob is more of a cut than a give(?).

It would cut out too much bass, not give bass to the amp.
Quote by imgooley
I've found that on Digitech pedals, the bass knob is more of a cut than a give(?).

It would cut out too much bass, not give bass to the amp.

what do you mean? if you turn knob clockwise it increases bass
Ugh, windsor. One channel, and it won't really clean up at all. The distortion is like a tinny british sound. Contour controls do nothing. Do you already have it? If not, don't get it imo.
Quote by Acquiescence
what do you mean? if you turn knob clockwise it increases bass

No, if you turn the knob to the right, it allows more bass through the signal. It's a cut knob. If you dime it, it's like the same dry signal from your guitar. At least that's what my experience has been.
Quote by thsrayas
A lot of people on this site seem disappointed by it, you should definitely try it out before you even consider buying it.

+1

Also, just about every small combo is going to have problems on the bottom end. It has more to do with the small, one speaker, open back design than anything you can fix with a pedal. Plug the same amp into a decent closed back 4x12, and all of a sudden you have a ton of bass.

If it's bottom end you're after, you might be better off with the Blackheart or Epi 15W head coupled with a closed back cab.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.