Page 1 of 2

So yesterday, I'm at a place and some kids are throwing a Frisbee. One of them misses their mark and it lands by me, then one of them shouts to me, "Hey man, throw us the disk."

I knew what they wanted, but disk? The sport is called Ultimate Frisbee not Ultimate Disk. Frisbee golf, not Disk golf(actually i may be wrong there). What does the pit think? poll soon.
Isn't frisbee just a brand of disk? Maybe they weren't using a frisbee, just like not all tissues are kleenex.
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
It is disk golf not frisbee golf, at least around here.

Any one else play disk golf?
Quote by Jimmyyoung
Isn't Frisbee just a brand of disk? Maybe they weren't using a Frisbee, just like not all tissues are Kleenex.

Frisbee named the Frisbee the Frisbee. There were different disks before that, but Frisbee was the original. And the point on the sport. Not ultimate disk.
Throw a cd at them.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I usually call it a frisbee but the one i have says "flying disk" on it..

and what is disk golf anyways?
I feel you should watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7N6cjlC2M8
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Mate, wouldn't it just be a nickname for it or something, everything has em buddy
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Quote by bendystraw
Frisbee named the Frisbee the Frisbee. There were different disks before that, but Frisbee was the original. And the point on the sport. Not ultimate disk.

Maybe it was a ripoff frisbee, which would be a disk, and they weren't playing the sport.

SUCK IT BENDYSTRAW
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by bendystraw
Can i be UG's strider?

That all depends...how long is your penis?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
ultimate is my heroine
and screw anyone who says otherwise
I want Super Saiyan abilities
Quote by Xiaoxi
Throw a cd at them.

better yet a blu-ray. the 60 gigs of extra disk space will give that umph that a normal cd can't
Quote by panterarocker
Any one else play disk golf?

yeah fun game.

anyways i think they are discs, at least for disc golf, its got a "pdga" pro disc golf association. frisbee was either a brand or a nickname for em

wiki says something, didnt care to read more than the first line or so

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisbee
Quote by Jimmyyoung
Maybe it was a ripoff frisbee, which would be a disk, and they weren't playing the sport.

SUCK IT BENDYSTRAW

It's still a Frisbee. A knock off yo-yo wouldn't be called a Retractable Fun Circle.
Actually, frisbee golf is frolf.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by bendystraw
Can i be UG's strider?

that sega game was amazing and just for that reference (if it is a reference to the game) u get to be UG's strider
Quote by bendystraw
It's still a Frisbee. A knock off yo-yo wouldn't be called a Retractable Fun Circle.

WHAT i have been calling it that this whole, why didn't anyone tell me

**** U BENDYSTRAW
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Last edited by Shayne777 at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by ACG
Actually, frisbee golf is frolf.

well, i dont know if frolf is the same as disc golf, but:

http://www.pdga.com/

http://www.innovadiscs.com/

the first line of this wiki page makes it sound like frisbee is the name of the game, played with discs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Frisbee

edit:

Ultimate Frisbee (often called Ultimate in reference to the trademarked brand name)

actually sounds like it is a brand name.
Frisbee is actually a brand of flying disk. They used to make pie tins, then someone found out people were throwing their tins at each other and good things happened.
So they were Hippies that called it a disk? Freedom to call it what ever they want man.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
playing disc golf with a frisbee is insanely hard. theres only a few kids that I know that could throw a frisbee as far as a disc, and if wind enters the equation then the frisbee is still screwed.

I always assumed that the diffrence between a disc and a frisbee, besides obvious diffrent looks, was that discs tend to weigh over 100g (normally around 140g at the lightest from what I've found) while frisbee's have little weight to them at all.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Quote by bendystraw

So? It's still the brand name. All bandages aren't Band-Aids. All MP3 players aren't iPods. All foam footballs aren't Nerf. All flavored gelatin isn't Jello. All disks aren't Frisbees.

Quote by bendystraw

No, it wouldn't, because "yo-yo" is not a brandname. Nobody owns "yo-yo."
Last edited by Survivalism at Aug 26, 2008,
I say it kind of depends on the item. Stuff like band-aid and frisbee you call by the brand name. You don't call all tv's a sony.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Stuff like band-aid and frisbee you call by the brand name. You don't call all tv's a sony.

Why not? It's the exact same principle.
Quote by Survivalism
So? It's still the brand name. All bandages aren't Band-Aids. All MP3 players aren't iPods. All foam footballs aren't Nerf. All flavored gelatin isn't Jello. All disks aren't Frisbees.

^that, the term "frisbee" is in the public domain. same with post-its and Kleenex
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
Let's face it, with small stuff like Frisbees and band aids there's only one big brand. Meanwhile with TV's there's several big brands and big differences between those brands.
if its disc golf then they are called discs. frisbee is a brand name that does not make disc golf discs.
Quote by Shayne777
WHAT i have been calling it that this whole, why didn't anyone tell me

**** U BENDYSTRAW

You're not nice to me.
Page 1 of 2