k, so ive been dabbling into metalcore and what not lately, which obviously requires downtuning. so i was wondering what kind of guitar you guys would suggest, in the 300-800 dollar range. cuz lets face it, my telecaster just wont cut that stuff.
7 string or baritone.
7 string would be better. The scale isnt as long, the strings are heavier, and you have another string :]
Look at the schecter damien 7. Such a beautiful guitar.
I wouldnt bother trying to play with a 6 string, your strings just get really loose and its not fun.
any specific brands or models tho? and if it helps, im playing stuff like i killed the prom queen, parkway drive, job for a cowboy, killwhitneydead, etc.
Quote by anthrax233
7 string or baritone.
7 string would be better. The scale isnt as long, the strings are heavier, and you have another string :]
Look at the schecter damien 7. Such a beautiful guitar.
I wouldnt bother trying to play with a 6 string, your strings just get really loose and its not fun.

A 6 string baritone is easier to play IMO than a 7.

LTD Viper baritone, or something like this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-EX-Baritone-Blackjack-Guitar?sku=513083
that guy doesn't really know what he's talking about, for playing stuff like that look at 6 string jacksons, esps, washburns, schecters and possibly ibanezs - something with a fixed bridge and probably active pickups (personal preference) to accomodate low tuning and high gain respectively.

get down to your local guitar shop and try a few out. i would recommend trying something from the esp/ltd mh series or a jackson hard tail. you can always stick heavy gauge strings on the thing and get it set up.
Try anything by esp/ltd. they handle really well with low tuning (I tune to B). also you will need to bye thicker gauge strings. Try the ghs boomers. Ive tried heaps of different string for tuning low but the ghs boomers are the best in my opinion.
uhhh your strings wont be floppy if u change ur string gauge? get thicker strings then downtune
6 strings will do ok with low tunings and heavy gauge strings but sometimes you cannot get the intonation set up for tunings like g#
I dont see whats wrong with 7 string. Jfac plays 6 string but that doesnt mean you cant play it on a 7 string
Quote by sk8_punk_Trev
my telecaster just wont cut that stuff.

Slipknot and Devin Townsend manage pull it off.
well i think id rather play a 6 string. ive played a 7 before and it just feels too weird. and besides the guitar, what number guage specifically would u guys suggest?
Quote by Survivalism
Slipknot and Devin Townsend manage pull it off.

yeah but i have just a standard tele, theres arent. and they dont exactly play the style of music im trying to emmulate