Well I start school again today and I was just wondering for those that have school coming up or have already started how it has been so far or if you think it will be a good one.

I personally think mine will be ok other then a couple friend changes.

EDIT: I guess this could apply to college students too.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Last edited by RockGuitar92 at Aug 26, 2008,
This year is going to be either the best I've ever had, or the worst.

It could also just be okay.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
fortunately school is a thing of the past for me. i just work to buy guitars and pay the bills
Here in Australia, I'm finishing up third term..8 months of school done and dusted for the year. It's been an great year for me, my first in high school, a few little dramas and such, but otherwise its been awesome. Our Stage Band (Jazz, Swing, Disco, Funk, Rock, Blues, Ballads) has opened my musical appreciation a lot. We're also going on an interstate tour soon.

I always look optimistically towards new school years That way they usually turn out well..somehow
Quote by Rock_Rebel
Here in Australia, I'm finishing up third term..8 months of school done and dusted for the year. It's been an great year for me, my first in high school, a few little dramas and such, but otherwise its been awesome. Our Stage Band (Jazz, Swing, Disco, Funk, Rock, Blues, Ballads) has opened my musical appreciation a lot. We're also going on an interstate tour soon.

I always look optimistically towards new school years That way they usually turn out well..somehow

Glad to hear it!
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by Xiaoxi
This year is going to be either the best I've ever had, or the worst.

It's gonna be a tossup for me, I easily have the hardest schedule in the world.
i have another year in a half or so of college and I am not looking forward to going back this semester at all. summer has been pretty good and I'm definitely not ready for this horsecrap to start up again. the only good thing about it is that the pool will reopen in the gym and I can swim there. other than that school can suck a nut.
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
I have independent guitar study for an hour and a half. All i do is jam with my friend everyday.

Awesome.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
I'm looking forward to this year very much.

I'm taking Gr. 10 Guitar, all I'm gunna do is jam the whole class. It's like the locally devoloped class for guitarists. That's that only guitar class we have at our school though.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Aug 26, 2008,
I hate school and people. Yet I get along fine socially... god im a hypocrite.

I have a guitar course this year so that should be fun.
im a month in high school already. Im a junior, and i just got back from Band camp. But so far this year is gunna be the best ever...so far it has been ahah. Three music classes ( Marching band, Jazz band, and Music Theory) New friends, Cute girls . This year is gunna ****ing rock.
They screwed up my schedule, but other than that, everything is amazing.

Summer was getting boring...
This year is probably gonna suck because my school switched to tri-mesters, so because of that I was kicked out of jazz band. /cry
i don't wanna go back to school
i dont think it will be a very good year either.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
I'm in my last semester at the community college I'm attending before I transfer to a real university. I hate three out of the four classes I'm taking and am already praying for december.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Starting high school this year, in one week... Sophomore year. Excited to meet new people, but have already done a few stupid things that will make a few people hate me.
1)Pretty much fell in love with a girl from another school over the internet over a year ago, will probably meet her this year, after not talking to her since like... who knows when
2)Never called a girl over the summer who gave me her number
Quote by Fryer Mike
I'm looking forward to this year very much.

I'm taking Gr. 10 Guitar, all I'm gunna do is jam the whole class. It's like the locally devoloped class for guitarists. That's that only guitar class we have at our school though.
Be thankful, my school doesn't have any guitar classes, we barley have any music classes beside the normal band/orchestra/chorus and theory.

I am taking theory though, and I look froward to that.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Summer's starting to get boring. I'm ready to go back.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this. Now I need Cheez-Its.

This was directed to me by the way.
haha
Just past the middle of 3rd term, here in Queensland, Australia.

Currently, I feel incredibly stressed as a result of assessment period fast approaching.
I have a class called school of rock where we get a band together and play in front of the school eventually and it could be amazing if I'm with some friends (most of the class are my friends). One thing that could be bad is a good friend of mine is in 4 of my classes which is cool but the problem is if my other friends are in the class it could be bad because he's not as social as I am so it could be awkward if my other more social friends are in the class and I have to choose between them.
Quote by Vantage
I think it will be an awesome year for me.

We finally have a Guitar 10(Grade 10) class!

Cool. I took guitar last year(10th grade) and failed. lol I didn't do anything, but talk because we always learned folk songs and stuff and i don't like it and was not motivated. Oh well I take art this year. lol
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
It shall be interesting. Totally changed my look one week before school. The looks and comments I get will be fun.
GEAR

Ibanez RG 420 CM

Line 6 Spider III
This semester I have 5 upper division core major classes. I have a criminal law textbook thats about as thick as a brick. I'm done for.
Quote by Brown925
This semester I have 5 upper division core major classes. I have a criminal law textbook thats about as thick as a brick. I'm done for.

Tull reference?

I'm looking forward to being a junior in high school, last year was a lot of fun, but freshman year sucked.

I go to a Vocational High School, so basically I'll have one week of academics (just regular school basically) and then the next week I'll have Shop, which in my case, is studying computers. It works out great because it's like only having half a year in real school, and half a year in shop, which we pretty much just goof off in.
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse (MIM)
Vox AC15C1
So far school is sucking way too hard.

I want my summer back.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
I'll be starting a new school so I'm fairly excited and anxious. Although I will know a few people in my year, everything else will be completely new to me, including the syllabus
Better than last year, subject wise. (Choosing your own subjects ftw.)

Probably going to get to know a lot of people so It'll be fun.

I started over a week ago already tho
I hate school so much, it's decent the first few days, but then it's hell. I guess because my girl isn't there and I have absolutely nothing to look forward to in school that has any meaning. God, I hate school.

On a side note, I am supposedly getting one of my teachers from freshman year, and he was awesome.
Well I have Math, Social, Chem, Gym first symester and English, Physics, Religion the second. I get out at 1:59 every day of the second symester and only go periods 1 and 3 on B days of which one is Religion so I only have one real subject that day. I'd say I'm pumped. Unfortunately I couldn't get sports performance to fit.
I come from a little place called the southern hemisphere, where school starts at the end of february. I know, I've just broken some minds, right?
Well I'm 8 months into the school year in Australia, halfway though third term right now and about 4 weeks till holidays start. I've been getting assignment after assignment and assessment after assessment, and I'm only in year 10 *groan* to be honest I'm not looking forward to the HSC over the next two years