I'm taking it to a music shop to have the swap done by a professional, and I'm wondering what I can expect to pay on average. This is in North America and I'm swapping a passive for a passive so there's not any of the extra work involved with passive to active, and I'm supplying a new set of strings as well (this dude likes to throw on new strings with every job and add an extra $10-15 lol).

I'm getting a Dimebucker put into the bridge of my Ibanez RG350 to replace the INF4 stock pick up, if anyone's curious.

Thanks for reading, keep rocking!
Hijack: If someone could answer my question too:

I removed my pickups and cut some wires from the pots and it's very messy and I don't trust myself to reassemble it.

If I gave him the guitar completely blank and stripped and just needs the pickups mounted(2 humbuckers) how much would it cost for him to wire it all up?
Quote by the.spine.surfs
$30-60 per pickup. Not that I'd reccomend a Dimebucker to anyone, but that's your buisness.

Thanks for the heads up. You probably also wouldn't recommend anyone an Ibanez RG350, either right? Hahaha.

I got a Dimebucker because the music store was all out of DiMarzio Super Distortions and I only go there like three times a year max, as it's in another city. >_< In retrospect, I should have got the Seymour Duncan Distortion pick up but oh well, I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the Dimebucker over my current stock Ibanez pick up.
Quote by It Was Zero
Thanks for the heads up. You probably also wouldn't recommend anyone an Ibanez RG350, either right? Hahaha.

I got a Dimebucker because the music store was all out of DiMarzio Super Distortions and I only go there like three times a year max, as it's in another city. >_< In retrospect, I should have got the Seymour Duncan Distortion pick up but oh well, I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the Dimebucker over my current stock Ibanez pick up.

The Dimebucker is nothing like the Super Distortion though, that's the problem...what were you looking to achieve with your pickup swap and what amp you using?

I'd have thought about $40 would be the going rate, seeing as we tend to pay £30-40.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Bitter irony: I own an RG 350DX, at the moment. Ooops, I'm not the tone-nazi asshole I appear to be. I just don't like that pickup in any guitar I've played it in.
with your current setup you won't hear much of an improvement from a new pickup as the Digitech RP and Marshall MG don't do the guitar and its pickups justice - they kinda make everything sound the same - you'll only really hear differences between single coils and humbuckers, and different pickup positions.

one thing i will say, however: UG seems to shout at people for buying better pickups when their current amp and FX are cheap, low quality stuff and won't do the improvement any justice - it sounds silly, but nobody said they won't ever be getting a better amp. and if they do they will sound better then than if they hadn't bothered to replace pickups because somebody told them amp was more important - so it turns out the same anyway, really.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.