Page 1 of 2
my fender mim was broken because i broke the volume knob and i need to get a new 250k POT.

I took the guitar to the repair shop and he said he will charge me $40 for pot including installation.

I got my guitar back and he fu*cking installed 500k pot instead of 250k.

My strat is a single coil, which means 250k pot, and this fuc*ker installed dimarzio 500k pot.

will it make a difference? Is this bad?
Last edited by kimthekiller07 at Aug 26, 2008,
Are you fu**ing capable of f***ing posting like a fu***ng adult? It makes reading your f****ng post a whole lot fu**ing easier if people don't have to wade through a f***ing load of f***s to find out what the f**k you're on about

500k pots give more treble response and a bit more output. If you don't like it just turn it down to about halfway and hey presto, it's 250k.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
Are you fu**ing capable of f***ing posting like a fu***ng adult? It makes reading your f****ng post a whole lot fu**ing easier if people don't have to wade through a f***ing load of f***s to find out what the f**k you're on about

this made my day

500K pots are treblier. so just lower your tone knob.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Just go back and ask for a refund. Say that you wanted a 250K pot and he installed a 500K pot, which was not what you asked for!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by steven seagull
500k pots nead more treble response and a bit more output. If you don't like it just turn it down to about halfway and hey presto, it's 250k.

TS, you could just lower it halfway, but it's not what you asked for. For that sole reason, you should ask the tech to replace it free.
1. Please Don't Use A Capital Letter At Every Word. Can't You Just Write Like A Normal Person And You Would Get More Help.
2. Well just tell him you asked for a 250K pot. You paid him to put in one. If he doesn't do it, demand a refund. Seriously, that guy didn't do what you said. Say to him it is if he was painting your walls red instead of white. You asked for a 250K and got 500K.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Your threads name are full of weirdos ... Can you just be normal for once?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

It doesnt effect bollocks on your guitar, I have 1 meg pots in my jag and a switch to go to 500k pots, the difference is very small and my non-guitar playing friends cant even notice it.
1) $40 hahahahahahaha you got really got ripped off, a pot cost at most $5

2) go back to the shop and say he did it wrong and demand your money back. then go buy yourself a 250k pot and a soldering iron and do it yourself. and while you're at it you can pocket the change and thank me that you have it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Gabel
1. Please Don't Use A Capital Letter At Every Word. Can't You Just Write Like A Normal Person And You Would Get More Help.

If you post something all in capitals it changes it so only the first letter of each word are in caps

But yeah TS: If you didn't specify what pot you wanted him to put in it isn't his fault if he puts the wrong one in.
Quote by kimthekiller07
I Want To Ask The Tech To Replace It But He Looks Very Angry And Grumpy.

can't imagine why that would be
out of here
it doesnt matter whether he is angry as he can be
if u asked for and paid for 250K, then u have the right to request a refund
if that guy won't do it for u, he is just a bad businessman

btw, u REALLY need to chill out man
all the profanity and caps lock won't get u more help here
they just make YOU look bad
Quote by steven seagull

Sigged

But yeah, just go ask for a refund if you haven't already. He installed something you didn't ask for. That or just live with it...
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
If you post something all in capitals it changes it so only the first letter of each word are in caps

But yeah TS: If you didn't specify what pot you wanted him to put in it isn't his fault if he puts the wrong one in.

I did not know that
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by steven seagull

500k pots give more treble response and a bit more output. If you don't like it just turn it down to about halfway and hey presto, it's 250k.

+908579841375984375439857439857439

Thank you I'm getting sick of his **** ****ing **** everyone I'm a ****ing noob and can't fix a guitar so I gotta say **** alot what the **** man Thank you for ****ing stopping this ****ing maddness lol
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
so your crapping your pants about a volume pot? did you even ask the guy for a 250k pot or did you just say i need a new pot cause my old one's broke? or did you say i need a 250k pot put in... there is a difference....
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Quote by kimthekiller07

He's mad because you fail at ALLCAPS.

So what? The standard charge for wiring is 35 bucks. 5 bucks for the pot + 35= 40 bucks.
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Sigged

Aww dam I wante that. But wait, its not in ur sig, does that mean i can hav it? Yay!
Quote by PapaSchumpf
it has to be good. jonas brothers play the bigger version of it

Member of Les Paul Liberators...Click here if you have a Les Paul
Rate my songs... Here
Quote by kimthekiller07

Who cares about his feelings? You are a 21st Century consumer, and it is your duty to complain!
Quote by blue_strat
Who cares about his feelings? You are a 21st Century consumer, and it is your duty to complain!

Yes, and use a lot of "f**k's" while you're at it. That'll really grind their gears!!
crazy talking animals
Quote by shampooboy37
so your crapping your pants about a volume pot? did you even ask the guy for a 250k pot or did you just say i need a new pot cause my old one's broke? or did you say i need a 250k pot put in... there is a difference....

i'd have thought it would be common sense to put the same value pot that there was before if not specified, unfortunately these technicians they employ in shops are usually awkward know-it-all assholes, which is something i know from experience...

still, TS, you need to stop being so childish... nobody laughs just because you said penis. and btw, you don't need to spell it with l, the forums don't even filter it
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by Blompcube
i'd have thought it would be common sense to put the same value pot that there was before if not specified, unfortunately these technicians they employ in shops are usually awkward know-it-all assholes, which is something i know from experience...

still, TS, you need to stop being so childish... nobody laughs just because you said penis. and btw, you don't need to spell it with l, the forums don't even filter it

Like my father used to say, 'You can't fix stupid.'
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Like my father used to say, 'You can't fix stupid.'

or...

'Never argue with idiots, first they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience'
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
or...

'Never argue with idiots, first they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience'

I like that one.
Quote by DSOTM80
or...

only one thing to say: how sweet to be an idiot

neil innes is funny, and his hat in the video of that song is the best hat ever and i'd wear that hat all the time if i had one
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube

penelles

funny thing is, I've seen a flying penis...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
penelles

funny thing is, I've seen a flying penis...

hahahaha
holy sh*t
hahahaha
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by oneblackened

I agree.

I liked how one of the guys in the panel started laughing.
Why do you either

Type Like This

or

type liek diz wiv no capitals or speelin.

Either is annoying. Stop!
Quote by Jackolas
Why do you either

Type Like This

or

type liek diz wiv no capitals or speelin.

Either is annoying. Stop!

It's because he fails at ALLCAPS

and

bcuz iz totali kewl 2 spel lyk dis yo.
yeah. i told him to replace with 250k. I am sure he would already know that the guitar is a single coil.
in that case, just go get a refund. then DIY.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
you're joking right? 500k will be much more volume (powerful). you should have all your pots replaced to 500k that's what all my gibson flying v's have installed... they work very well with certain pick-up styles like early dimarzio's and seymour duncans... you got lucky when he put that in there for you.

Quote by kimthekiller07
my fender mim was broken because i broke the volume knob and i need to get a new 250k POT.

I took the guitar to the repair shop and he said he will charge me $40 for pot including installation.

I got my guitar back and he fu*cking installed 500k pot instead of 250k.

My strat is a single coil, which means 250k pot, and this fuc*ker installed dimarzio 500k pot.

will it make a difference? Is this bad?
Quote by editor
you're joking right? 500k will be much more volume (powerful). you should have all your pots replaced to 500k that's what all my gibson flying v's have installed... they work very well with certain pick-up styles like early dimarzio's and seymour duncans... you got lucky when he put that in there for you.

Single coils are usually uncontrollably bright with 500k pots.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Lol you dont get more volume just more top end.

Hardly, they dont make that much of a difference really, just a bit of extra top end, bit harsh with sucky stock pups on the bridge pup, but easily controled by the tone knob, its nice jangly and warm on the neck pup., bit like a tele in mid position.

And this is with 1meg pots.
Quote by kimthekiller07

Are f***ing insane?! It's your guitar!
What will he do? beat you up???
Quote by kimthekiller07

Last edited by PleaseDie at Aug 26, 2008,
Page 1 of 2