which is better? im buying one of these next week. oh and dnt worry bout the edge III im changing it to OFR!
jackson ftw.
i tried one out a few weeks ago.
have you tried any of those guitars out?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
nah i havnt tried them out yet i will be next week though but i love how they bothe sound and the features they have
I hear the Pups in the Xiphos suck as well.

EDIT:
Quote by nathan549
nah i havnt tried them out yet i will be next week though but i love how they bothe sound and the features they have

Oh well, fair enough.
Quote by nathan549

what was the person using it trying them through though? because it's one thing playing them through an amp similar to yours, and another through a Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier or something......

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Hoodoo Child
what was the person using it trying them through though? because it's one thing playing them through an amp similar to yours, and another through a Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier or something......

well im not sure wat amp they used but im buying a new amp anyways. im getting a MG100HDFX half stack.
Quote by nathan549
well im not sure wat amp they used but im buying a new amp anyways. im getting a MG100HDFX half stack.

not teh MG!!!!!

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Sora 01
oh lol, dont get an mg, for the money you pay to get the mg100 halfstack you could get a pretty decent all valve combo amp

oh damn well can you name any good half stacks for the price range of the mg?
Quote by nathan549
oh damn well can you name any good half stacks for the price range of the mg?

you don't need a halfstack.

get a tube combo. it can go louder.

Quote by cornmancer
ffs nathan, you keep posting the same bloody topics over and over again. Nothing has changed about these guitars since then. Read them again, or bump them if you have a particular question, but DONT bother us with the same topics over and over again. You already posted xiphos vs RR3 3 times, and you made 8 (!!!!!) topics about the xiphos, RR3, Jackson vs ibanez, ...
If you wanna know what we think: READ THEM AGAIN.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by nathan549
what isnt it good?

Quote by Bonsaischaap
-The cheap solid state half stack:

Marshall and Line 6 are best known for these. By crossing a cheap practice amp with a half stack they have created the MG and Spider half stacks repectively.

These amps aren't as nice as they may look though; a quick glance at the Marshall shows the famous name on a classic looking-amp; on top of that, the image of famous rockstars playing in front of huge walls of amps has been burned into our memory. All in all it pulls of the classic Marshall look quite convincingly.

There is one problem though; despite being priced considerably outside the beginners amp range they are essentially still the same amp as the smaller models. You're paying a lot of money for a cheap solid state amp.

The main difference? It's louder. But to make matters worse, solid states don't really like being cranked, unlike for instance a nice tube combo (some of which can be bought for roughly the same price as these half stacks). With a solid state amplifier, the sound breaks up after a certain point, making this amp pretty useless; why buy a half stack that sounds even worse when turned up?

Add to that the fact that most venues have excellent PA systems, rendering huge amps pretty pointless, their habbit of breaking down and the difficulty involved in transporting a halfstack and you have one bad deal.

Since I'm a lazy bastard I just copied this from one of my blogs

As for the guitar, it's all down to personal preference.

They both have somewhat shoddy LFR bridges, although that shouldn't be a problem if you swap them out.

The Ibanez comes with DiMarzio pickups and neck through construction, while the Jackson has Seymour Duncans and a bolt-on neck.

In terms of frets is 22 (Jackson) vs. 24 (Ibanez).

It really depends on what you want/like. You'll just have to try these side by side to see which you like best.

Personally, I'd go for the Xiphos, but that doesn't mean it's the right guitar for you.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Aug 26, 2008,