I'm going to play guitar with a friend of mine this afternoon but he only has one guitar amp but he also has a bass amp. Now my question is if its possible I could play my guitar through the bass amp with out damaging the amp etc ? Also I will be using a Overdrive pedal I don't know if this could damage the bass amp ?
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're a horrible, horrible person.

only to the people who deserve it
No. The amp isn't designed for that, so it just will not work at all. You can try and plug two guitars into the one amp(i've done it with my mates 15w gibson practice amp before) however i think there's only certain amps this works on
i don't know, i'm playing my guitar through a behringer Bass-Amp with a DOD-Overdrive and i don't have any problems. you just need to find the right EQ-settings.
i don't think it'll destroy the amp. as far as i know, the amp gets only damaged the other way around, playing a bass through a guitar amp.
The bass amp he has is actually of a friend of him so I'm a bit worried that I will damage the amp and that would be **** so.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're a horrible, horrible person.

only to the people who deserve it
yeah, it wont kill it i actually quite like the clean sound on it, however it turned to total crap once i turned on my distortion pedal.
You can play guitar through a bass amp, no problem. Many people do that usually, look at Queens of the Stone Age, they have a quite personal tone. It's just a matter of knowing how to do it.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Yeah, you should be able to do it. My mate plays his Strat through a massive bass amp, and he gets a pretty rockin' tone. Kinda like early Kyuss at times.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^ Yeah, that's it. That kind of tone kicks ass, but well, you'll need a good bass amp and know how to EQ to sound good.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
You wont hurt it.
It's when you play a bass throught a guitar amp - that's what you have to worry about.
I did it for years, no problems. Could get flabby at high volume but with an od (if it's a tube bass amp) to tighten things up, you would be fine.
Just gonna throw this out there:

Ever look at the motherfucking searchbar?

Not trying to be a dick but seriously, there's one or two of these a week, and the answer's go ahead and do it, it'll be fine