Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. I'm thinking about getting the LX65 for practice.
I have no experience with Laney SS, whatsoever.
But, I'm just wondering why you would want a 65W amp for practice.

If it's solely for practice, why not get one of the lower wattage models? It's more cost-efficient.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I think it was the LX series that i tried out of laneys solid state range. But i'm not sure. My opinion on the one i tried was:

Really nice cleans, but really horrible overdrive/distortion. The distortion was almost worse than a marshall MG for buzzy shrillness and i was shocked that such an awful tone could come out of a laney amp - but like i said, i can't remember which one it was.

I'm also interested to find out if laney make any good solid states because theres a SS laney head used for £99 - being a cheap solid state head, its probably crap - although it looks like it might be quite old, so theres every chance it could be an underpriced hidden gem - i've been meaning to try it out - i'm searching for a good solid state amp myself. Unfortunately I have no idea what this one is lol.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I'm currently using a Laney HCM10,and from my experience,it sucks big time.The cleans were just so-so and the distortion sucks as hell.You'll do ACDC fine,but nothing more than that.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
i've tried a Laney solid state, a TFX2. the distortion was good. cleans are good too.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC