Page 1 of 3
So, who else plays this game? I find it fun, especially when I bring up my porksword:

For those of you familiar with it, this is my porksword:
Sharpened pig spine blade, given +3 to attack rolls and damage rolls. It also gives me a +2 charisma bonus when talking to girls. When it hits something 5 times in a row, the thing becomes paralyzed and takes 1d6 fire damage. When used for over 10 turns in a row, it erupts fire and becomes useless for the rest of the day.

So, who else plays DnD, and what is some crazy shit you've done?
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
I dont know what the **** you just said but when you said "bring up my porksword" I couldnt stop laughing

now excuse me while I go play with my level 8 beef hammer

(sorry for any confusion that I may have caused if that is a real thing I was just trying to be an asshole because......well because I'm an asshole)
UG's Prodigal Son
Last edited by lunaticfringe93 at Aug 26, 2008,
Take my +10 flame sheild buddy... you might need it
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
lol as sad as it sounds i dabbled in it for a while.............. hahahaha shoot me now for admitting it
I am me. Live with it.
I play occasionally, although it is a custom, more modern sorta deal. Guns etc. Tis fun.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
i played it for about a month then saw the error of my ways.
i was 11.

You must have a huge Charisma abilty bonus to summon the courage to post to these assholes about this...

surely you are wearing the goblins codpiece +2 or maybe youre naked?
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
It's a shame that you don't have a porksword in real life. In my experience, anyone who plays this game really does need a +2 charisma bonus when talking to girls.

And I should know. I was in that deep, dark pit of hell for like a year and a half...*shudders*
I play D&D, I love it!

It's great fun over a few beers when you and your mates can't afford a night out!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
it s crazy when i get my ham fail out all the geeks run away
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by metacarpi
I play D&D, I love it!

It's great fun over a few beers when you and your mates can't afford a night out!

This dude gets it. Heh.

Oh, and do that guy about the bravery thing. It's the ****in porksword man.

By the way, I really don't see assholes in here, I just see people being sarcastic >.>

Dude, I'm not joking about the pork sword.

It's attached to the hip. My friends and I either get drunk or high before we play it.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Last edited by cjblack532 at Aug 26, 2008,
Super necrobump but I decided to use this instead of making a new one.

I just learned how to play with my two friend's and one friend's sisters. We're basic, I think. Like the super early version without a whole lot of frills and I really like it. My ex girlfriend, a player in the group, has played for a long time and it made me curious then the other girl I know in the group set up the group we're in now. Their old science teacher DM's.

I'm actually wanting to learn how to DM now even though I'm still a total noob.

/nerd
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I've always wanted to play, but all the people who hang out at the hobby shop are way too nerdy for me. I consider myself to be a half-nerd. Not cool enough for the cool people, and not nerdy enough for the nerdy people. Lol
Quote by Shr3dz0r
I've always wanted to play, but all the people who hang out at the hobby shop are way too nerdy for me. I consider myself to be a half-nerd. Not cool enough for the cool people, and not nerdy enough for the nerdy people. Lol

That's how I am I guess. I'm not super nerdy. I felt pretty nerdy in a bad way buying my first sets of dice but it's fun as hell if you get a good group.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Lord_Hondros
I don't play legit D&D really. Just the MMO D&D Online, Star Wars KOTOR games, and Neverwinter Nights, which are all based off of D&D rules.

If this is true, I'll have to play D&D.

Forever.
Quote by Weaponized
If this is true, I'll have to play D&D.

Forever.

You didn't know this? That's what all the stats/attributes/feats/classes and stuff originally came from. And when those numbers pop up, it's from rolling dice. Like, 2d4 is 2 4 sided dice.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
You didn't know this? That's what all the stats/attributes/feats/classes and stuff originally came from. And when those numbers pop up, it's from rolling dice. Like, 2d4 is 2 4 sided dice.

Nuh uh. Thanks fer the edjactation
Quote by Weaponized

Hey no Prob
And the 2nd one is more like Neverwinter Nights, because Bioware (The makers of NWN) made that one, so KOTORII Is more like D&D
Quote by Lord_Hondros

What movie is this from, I can't remember.

Revenge of the Nerds.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Weaponized

If you've played Diablo 2, it's very DnD like as well.

For the people who have played, what edition do you like? I'm still really new to it all.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
If you've played Diablo 2, it's very DnD like as well.

For the people who have played, what edition do you like? I'm still really new to it all.

I'll have to disagree about the Diablo II being DnD like. Well, it is, but it's not. Because the way you level up is totally different.

And I don't like what they did with the Diablo III beta. They totally changed the way you level up. You no longer get to pick the attributes that raise, it automatically does it. And you don't get to pick your skills, it does it for you too. The only customization of character is done through runes. It isn't Diablo anymore.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
I'll have to disagree about the Diablo II being DnD like. Well, it is, but it's not. Because the way you level up is totally different.

And I don't like what they did with the Diablo III beta. They totally changed the way you level up. You no longer get to pick the attributes that raise, it automatically does it. And you don't get to pick your skills, it does it for you too. The only customization of character is done through runes. It isn't Diablo anymore.

I guess. You still kill shit and get experience for it. You just don't get it for things you find and do pretty much.

But yea, I didn't even get excited for D3. I knew it would be a disappointment.

EDIT: And getting to choose so much with your skills and abilities. I still see it as a very DnD based game.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Aug 12, 2011,
Quote by BladeSlinger
I guess. You still kill shit and get experience for it. You just don't get it for things you find and do pretty much.

But yea, I didn't even get excited for D3. I knew it would be a disappointment.

Well that's true of any adventure game :P:

Blizzard is generally good about listening to their gamers though, I'm sure they might change it.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
Well that's true of any adventure game :P:

Blizzard is generally good about listening to their gamers though, I'm sure they might change it.

I'm not giving my hopes up.

What I am hoping for is a DnD club or group at my college so I can play and learn more.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
After watching that episode of Freaks and Geeks and that episode of Community, I've wanted to play D&D real bad.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm not giving my hopes up.

What I am hoping for is a DnD club or group at my college so I can play and learn more.

I'm sure any college has the DnD clubs. Even my small community college does
I've dabbled in a little D&D, but I prefer Star Wars Saga Edition RPG just a little more because I've always been a Star Wars geek. Too bad I'm leaving my group in a little over a week for college. No more RPG for me
Quote by Lord_Hondros
I'm sure any college has the DnD clubs. Even my small community college does

Exactly. We even have a section of campus called Nerdtown. I think I'll find something.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I actually was thinking about trying to start a Saga group at my college since there isn't any tabletop group there. Anyone have any idea how to present the idea to people without getting the, "How nerdy are you, why would I do something like that?" response?
Quote by wizards?
I actually was thinking about trying to start a Saga group at my college since there isn't any tabletop group there. Anyone have any idea how to present the idea to people without getting the, "How nerdy are you, why would I do something like that?" response?

Start a group.

Make fliers.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Oh man I forgot I made this thread.

To the dude who wants to start a group, just start with your group of friends. Ask who is interested, and network from there. That's what I do.

I played at the store on campus and it was great. We played 4th edition and it's in two hour segments every Wednesday. My first roll was a crit, twas awesome.

I'm already set up to play 3.5 with a guy I met on Sunday, and I'm really considering learning to DM. So once that starts, I'll be in three campaigns, playing at least twice a week.

We played Neverwinter I think. Or the area was called Neverwinter.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Aug 17, 2011,
I only played Neverwinter Nights, it is awesome. There isn't any DnD groups around here, people only play MTG, Go or Chess. That is fine and all but I would like to learn how to play properly.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Page 1 of 3