Does it matter what guitar im playing on a song? yes, i know... im really a nub about this.. ok i own a b.c. rich warlock.. i know you guys will flame me about it.. I'm planing on getting a new one pretty soon. anyone know a good one that would sound better for My Curse? i was planing on getting this Ibanez.. its aroud 600-700.
use single coil guitars for funk/blues/... kind of music and clean guitar sounds, use humbuckers for almost everything with distortion. for lead work, guitars with rosewood necks and a big body is also perferred because it sustains longer.
dude, dont worry about what people say, All you need to worry about is playing it good and that bc rich wont be so bad, If you are not happy about the tone, you could get a new pickups, unless you dont want a bc rich anymore lol. But if you want good killswitch tone, its probably better to spend that 600-700 on a better amp. You could probably find an ec-1000 for 500-600 2nd hand if you look for one on craigslist or something.

If you do decide to get a better amp, dont go directly to the half stack lol. i baught a pos behringer half stack cause it was like 500 and i hated it, i ended up selling it and getting a good combo that i could just mic up
well i own a line 6 spider 3 amp.. its 75 watts.. well ty for the advice guys!
Quote by Weepin_Guitar
use single coil guitars for funk/blues/... kind of music and clean guitar sounds, use humbuckers for almost everything with distortion. for lead work, guitars with rosewood necks and a big body is also perferred because it sustains longer.

don't listen to this please. rosewood fingerboards? cmon lol

guitars matter to an extent... obviously you're not going to be playing a big gibson 335 hollowbody if you're going to be playing some brvtal death metal... (it would feedback too much wouldnt work).

but if you have a solid body guitar with some humbuckers you can do pretty much whatever you want with it (hell even could ball park a good jazz tone if you just dial that tone knob down a bit and switch on the neck pickup)... i mean yeah if you got really into blues and that was your one passion you'd wanna pick up a strat or something probably but at your level (hell even my level) any solid body electric guitar will ballpark any tone you need good enough.