im just going to paste what i wrote on my myspace blog so it makes sense to you

"I feel like I've finally become acquainted enough with playing guitar and singing to make 'real' songs. Its sooner than i expected (just about 8 months since learning to play guitar)
I actually think 'perfect' fits better than 'real' as a label for the songs. its not that that they are perfect, but its that they are perfectly me. I'm quite positive that from this point forward i will be able to stop hiding my music from (most)everyone and start sharing it. I made my first perfect song today. I will upload it later after i finish mixing it."

its called we are not the same.

and now that ive actually finished it i can safely say i feel the same. I just feel like everything is perfect, every voice crack, every off note. its a very strange feeling, but its a feeling i get when i listen to much of my favorite artists, and....yeah....thats it

link in the sig
I like it!
Love that kinda music
Borders? I've never seen them. But I heard that they exist in the heads of most people. (Thor Heyerdahl)
sorry not my style, the guitar was cool, but the voice ...
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
that's a mighty fine song you gotch your self there son
*tips hat and begins to play banjo while rocking on chair outside shack*
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
That sounds really good. Nice logo too
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by EnyoAdonai
That sounds really good. Nice logo too

thanks, i only whipped it up in a couple of minutes, its not the final one but maybe ill probably do something similar. I need to do something I can silkscreen onto cd cases keepin' it simple :P
Very nice song, but I'd record it at a higher quality if I were you. At points, you can't hear the vocals through the white noise. Also, there are a few random tempo changes in the middle that sound a bit awkward =]
awesome! i have been playing 6 years n still haven't reached that point
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by groll01
awesome! i have been playing 6 years n still haven't reached that point

you mean the point where you feel you have made something perfect? or are you referencing the actual point im at? either way im taking it as a very nice compliment.

thank you
We are not the same: cool guitar riff. the recording was quite buzzy, but i think it was less the mic, and more the preamp, if there was one. i really thought the harmony guitar rifff was cool. nothing was terribly complex, but it really worked well. i noticed that as you proggressed in the song, you sped up the tempo.

the vocals were good, but they were a bit monotone in some places, and when you tried to break out of that, you got a bit out of key. overall, this was nice.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939778
Too cool for a signature.
made something that im happy with in thirty minutes time lol
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by chrisatgrace
We are not the same: cool guitar riff. the recording was quite buzzy, but i think it was less the mic, and more the preamp, if there was one. i really thought the harmony guitar rifff was cool. nothing was terribly complex, but it really worked well. i noticed that as you proggressed in the song, you sped up the tempo.

the vocals were good, but they were a bit monotone in some places, and when you tried to break out of that, you got a bit out of key. overall, this was nice.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939778

i didnt know i sped up the tempo. haha oops.
Hey man. I really love this song. The lyrics sound great and I love the feel of it. It reminds me a lot of some of the acoustic cuts on Conor Oberst's new solo album. Great, great job. As has been said, there are a couple temple changes, but that's alright because it gives it a rough feeling. Just make sure you don't keep speeding it up or else by the end of the song you'll be at twice the speed you began. This reminds me a lot of Conor Oberst, which is a huge compliment. Great job! Mind critting mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944814
great job dude!!! very melancholic... reminds me of William Fitzsimmons. i do have two critiques... first, your vocals are great and fitting for the song, but you DO get a bit pitchy sometimes which is fine for bedroom recordings but unacceptable for any professional aspirations. just work at it... it'll come. second, i think your tempo sped up a bit halfway through the song.

c4c?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=938462
yeah, it sounds a bit like bright eyes...i noticed they were one of your influences. pretty good man.
I hate my sig
Sounds good! Really like the lyrics.

Main thing I would suggest maybe is trying to mix it up a bit, I'm pretty sure its essentially the exact same guitar riff through the entire song... (bass notes and then 2-3 high). You change it up in the last 30 seconds or so, maybe that's all you wanted to do. A chorus or change in chords even wasn't very evident to me, I kept waiting to hear another rhythm with a chord change but never came.
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
I recommend using a metronome when recording songs. That way the tempo won't change. Guitar is okay but the voice needs some work.