guys, i did some research and found that Dimarzio D-sonic(B) and airnorton(N) are good in basswood guitar, i like john petrucci as well. anyone has this excat combination with their RG1570?? is it good??

however im wondering whether can i just swap both humbucker pickup, leaving the single coil stock?? gonna pair with my fender vibro champ xd amp.

thanks.
you can leave the single in there and to be fair the single coil isn't too bad, nice pickup combo although i would have went active, how i miss my EMGs .
Petrucci's guitar's have mostly been basswood up until recently for the Systematic Chaos album, right now his Ball Family Reserve signature is made of Alder with a Mahogany tone block.

But basswood is fine, his older music man sigs were made of them and the tone was pretty smooth.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
great pickup combination

the air norton isn't for everyone. I like it, but another pup in the neck to look at is the PAF Pro
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
great pickup combination

the air norton isn't for everyone. I like it, but another pup in the neck to look at is the PAF Pro

err.. air norton isnt for everyone?? mind clarify abit??.. i considered seymour duncan as well, but since this is the combination that petrucci used, so i guess it will be fine then..