Page 1 of 2
help me out here, know any good bands? i'm starting up a band in this genre, and i want to find some good bands that i can draw some influences from.

besides obviously:
a day to remember
four year strong
set your goals

and please don't say new found glory
Lol @ tough guy

Daggermouth
Sinking Ships
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
a tough guy pop punk hardcore band?
that statement in itself seems like quite the oxymoron.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Copy & Pasted from the SAME thread you made in the hardcore forum:

I'm guessing by "tough guy" pop-punk, you mean bands with a hardcore influence so:
All Star Me
CIV
Daggermouth
Descendents
Energy
Fireworks
I Call Fives
Kid Dynamite
The Movielife
New Found Glory
Saves the Day (First 3 albums only)
Set Your Goals
The Story So Far
This Time Next Year
Timeless!
The Wonder Years
haha yeah i suppose that it does sound that way

but if you see a big guy with 00 gauges, wearing a set your goals hoodie, they probably also listens to ligeia and recon lol
Quote by Manos15
Copy & Pasted from the SAME thread you made in the hardcore forum:

haha yeah i wasn't sure which forum would get the best response, so i just put it in both :P
Quote by frodoisdead
a tough guy pop punk hardcore band?
that statement in itself seems like quite the oxymoron.

lol that's exactly what I thought when I read the title.
Why don't you just listen to hardcore if you want to "feel" tough. Or metal, oh those metal kids.
Quote by Robot99909
Why don't you just listen to hardcore if you want to "feel" tough. Or metal, oh those metal kids.

I do listen to hardcore. And when I say "tough", i mean a style of play, not a feeling of coolness, if that's what you're implying. There's no need to be a prick.
Sorry I didn't mean to be mean about it. You should just take the different characteristics from Pop-punk and hardcore and mash them together. If you listen to bands that have already tried it, then you're basically just getting their interpretation. But if you do it yourself, maybe you'll come up with something new.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Ambitions
Crime In Stereo
Ambitions rawks.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Energy is awesome. Early Saves the Day, Lifetime... I'm also pretty confused about what you mean "tough guy pop punk". I like both hardcore and pop punk.What I don't like are hardcore kids thinking they can be a pitboss or something at a pop punk show.. so unnecessary.

The new Ruiner album is great.

Im done.
Story of the Year.
On the Last Day.
Scary kids Scaring kids.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Manos15
Nope.

Nope what?

Dude, honestly all the bands you listed pretty much suck ass also and I wouldn't be caught dead saying anyone of them had influence on me, not too mention you listed one TS already put in the topic and another he asked no one to suggest. Do you feel cool now?

Get a life.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Quote by Jericho114
Nope what?

Dude, honestly all the bands you listed pretty much suck ass also and I wouldn't be caught dead saying anyone of them had influence on me, not too mention you listed one TS already put in the topic and another he asked no one to suggest. Do you feel cool now?

Get a life.

None of the bands you listed would be remotely near what the TS wanted. You're just flaunting the fact that you have shitty taste in music. I'm glad you hate the music I listed; I don't want a trendy piece of shit like you near any of that anyways. **** off and die. kthanxbai.
an e-fight begins.

suspense in rising.

intensity increases.

and I'm useless cause all I can think of is Four Year Strong.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Manos15
None of the bands you listed would be remotely near what the TS wanted. You're just flaunting the fact that you have shitty taste in music. I'm glad you hate the music I listed; I don't want a trendy piece of shit like you near any of that anyways. **** off and die. kthanxbai.

Trendy piece of shit? I'll take that as a compliment. You're so unique buddy, and you're taste of music must be better than anyone elses. Despite the fact it's strictly based on opinion, which if you had any brain, you would have learned around elementry school. You can't really argue tastes.

Just because most of the music you listen to isn't popular based strictly on the fact it sounds like garbage, gives you no right to act as if they have some undiscovered talent.

Not that many people know On the Last Day anyway, so how are they trendy you douche?
Quote by red18420

Last edited by Jericho114 at Sep 10, 2008,
Quote by the_astronaut
Both of you shut-up and chill out.

You guys should ban idiots like that guy, what purpose does a post consisting of "Nope" provide to the TS? Anyone could have just as easily done that after his post. I was genuinely trying to help.

Honestly, if someone can't use their brain before making a post, I have no problem going off on them for their stupidity. Arrogant fvcks like him who think their shit doesn't stink and contribute nothing have no place on a forum like this.

UG has the pit for senseless posts I suggest he visit since he would fit right in.
Quote by red18420

dude, don't put all blame on him. you're also at fault for continuing the argument.

and what kindof person argues with a mod?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
dude, don't put all blame on him. you're also at fault for continuing the argument.

and what kindof person argues with a mod?

I didn't "Start" the arguement, and I am not arguing with a MOD, I am stating my opinion. I don't need to chill out, because I am not worked up.

I just think arrogance is not needed anywhere, and I guess I don't know how people receive emotions over the internet, but just because I am passionate about an opinion and speak up doesn't mean I am actually angry about it.
Quote by red18420

Quote by Jericho114
You guys should ban idiots like that guy, what purpose does a post consisting of "Nope" provide to the TS? Anyone could have just as easily done that after his post. I was genuinely trying to help.

Honestly, if someone can't use their brain before making a post, I have no problem going off on them for their stupidity. Arrogant fvcks like him who think their shit doesn't stink and contribute nothing have no place on a forum like this.

UG has the pit for senseless posts I suggest he visit since he would fit right in.

If you feel that way, then report the post and we can deal with it quickly. Replying to it creates more spam and more problems for the forum.
I wouldn't consider Thrice to be pop punk, especially their recent stuff but if you look at some of their stuff circa The Illusion of Safety and Identity Crises cds. I feel like that might be the kind of sound (musically not vocally) that you're looking for.
Quote by Jericho114
I didn't "Start" the arguement, and I am not arguing with a MOD, I am stating my opinion. I don't need to chill out, because I am not worked up.

I just think arrogance is not needed anywhere, and I guess I don't know how people receive emotions over the internet, but just because I am passionate about an opinion and speak up doesn't mean I am actually angry about it.

Well, yes you did technically.

Bashing someone's musical preference without out of nowhere isn't cool

TS: NFG and ADTR essentially have the same vocals so they shouldn't be much different. (NFG pretty much is about as hard as Monument is)

and with that I have nothing more to add to the thread :/
Quote by thecorduroyjims

and please don't say new found glory

i have to say it. new found glory. did you listen to the new ep off b9?
its so tight. and theyre actually pretty tied into hardcore. chad (guitarist) used to do vocals for shai hulud, and he did some stuff with some guys from madball.

the older "new" stuff got real shitty and radio-friendly. but from what i hear, the new album theyre working on is gonna sound more like the new ep.

other good bands like that:
four year strong (obviously)
a day to remember (obviously)
tiefighter
the wonder years
fight fair!
the boys after
fireworks
^ define shitty... radio friendly?? well they are a pop punk band... sorry, no breakdowns in 9/8
shitty as in less pop punk stuff and more straight mainstream pop with way too much overproduction.

what about no breakdowns in 9/8?
NFG has been a constant guilty pleasure throughout all stages of my music listening life.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Page 1 of 2