I got it a couple of weeks ago as a birthday present, a Tempest Extreme model.

However I heard somewhere that the Tempests are supposed to have coil taps, and (as far as I can tell) mine doesn't. Does anyone know why? And if it is there, how do I use it?

Because I play a lot of stuff from a lot of genres, having adjustable pickups is kinda useful for me so if anyone can clarify this it would be a real help.

Thanks.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
its usually install as a push/pull potentiometer

try pulling up one of the volume or tone knobs
pull on the tone knob, thats where it is on my elite.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
yeah. usually, with a 3way switch, it's wired with push-pull pots for coil tap. try pulling on your volume or tone knob./
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I've tried that, but it doesn't move. I have a bad feeling I may have got the only Schecter model without coil taps, which is a total b*tch as I asked for a Schecter partly for that reason.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
I've tried that, but it doesn't move. I have a bad feeling I may have got the only Schecter model without coil taps, which is a total b*tch as I asked for a Schecter partly for that reason.

try it on all knobs. either you push or you pull.
I've pushed and pulled all my knobs.
Quote by Cathbard
Sorry I just posted that for fun cause it sounded funny. Anyway, I did some research and it seems that my model doesn't have a coil tap. So I'm screwed.
Quote by Cathbard
OK since I'm the only person on this Earth who likes single coils more than humbuckers (I wanted a Fender Strat, but they were outside my parents' budget) what should I do? Should I replace the humbuckers with single coils (given that I'm pretty lousy at that sort of stuff) or just sell it and get a new guitar?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by shadow__666
OK since I'm the only person on this Earth who likes single coils more than humbuckers (I wanted a Fender Strat, but they were outside my parents' budget) what should I do? Should I replace the humbuckers with single coils (given that I'm pretty lousy at that sort of stuff) or just sell it and get a new guitar?

why not try to rewire your pickups?