What amp would be good for garry moore -still got the blue and parisienne walkways sound? WOuld a laney vc30 212 with OD be good?
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Well Gary uses Handwired Marshalls, but im guessing they may not be what your after, however he also uses a Marshall Govner pedal, which is quite cheap and may help.

Edit: Also don't forget the neck pickup in his Les Paul for these recordings had somehow had its poles reversed, creating a unique sound.

I cant however comment on your suggestion of amp, as I have never used one of those ones before.
Last edited by *powerslave* at Aug 26, 2008,
I believe he uses Soldanos and Cornfords too nowadays. I think the base of his tone is a plexi (or something similar) pushed to 10, then boosted with a pedal or two. While the VC 30 is a great amp, it doesn't sound anywhere near fat enough to sund like him. The best way to sound like him on a budget is to pick up a Laney AOR pro tube head or combo off ebay. They're very cheap, yet do the JCM800 thing extremely well.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I'd assume you'd need to turn it up pretty loud too to get the natural overdrive sound
Quote by alexlemon2
I'd assume you'd need to turn it up pretty loud too to get the natural overdrive sound

Yeah I heard Gary on the radio saying how he tests his amps volume, and apparently he stands next to them, plays a powerchord, and if it doesnt make his trousers flap, its not loud enough

But is trouser flapping even possible
I think you could do it with a VC30, but you'll need a Marshall Guv'nor to really kick that tone and beef it up (it has a deep control to make it fatter). They're only about £40/$50 or something like that.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
I think you could do it with a VC30, but you'll need a Marshall Guv'nor to really kick that tone and beef it up (it has a deep control to make it fatter). They're only about £40/$50 or something like that.

Yeah, they are really usefull, and yeah mine was £40, so your right on with the price there
well i got a zw44 MXR pedal with lots of gain on tap. Why is it so fam awkward for me, i was looking at the bugera 333xl, but then i think its not smooth enough and to "metal". I need an amp which can do metal like megadeth and metallica well, but also need smooth lushess eric johnson and gary moore type tones, and some decent clean and blues tones. Im just so stuck i really dont know
i'd look to orange if you're considering a new amp...
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by Varkunus
well i got a zw44 MXR pedal with lots of gain on tap. Why is it so fam awkward for me, i was looking at the bugera 333xl, but then i think its not smooth enough and to "metal". I need an amp which can do metal like megadeth and metallica well, but also need smooth lushess eric johnson and gary moore type tones, and some decent clean and blues tones. Im just so stuck i really dont know

The bugera can do it. Just reduce the gain a little bit.
I use a high gain tone for playing that stuff. Sounds really nice.

So the bugera should do it well.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I reckon the VC30 could do it quite well with an overdrive/EQ to fatten it up.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
hhhm but it wont do metal and the bugera sounds to sharp i think the laney lv300 looks good
Hi Guys,
I use a Les Paul Standard (Gibbo) of course thourgh a 1962 Marshall Bluesbreaker works for me
what about the vc50 is that different sounding to the vc30? Has it got more gain? More similar to the gh50? And i really dont know about the bugera do a sound clip of it doing gary moore and i might believe you
i think with someone like moor, the majority of the tone is from the fingers, you'd be suprised.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
ow yeah i know and im the biggest believe in feel and tone from a player. But would the vc50 be good? Smooth? And willl it do megadeth etc?
Quote by Midnight Murk
The magnet is flipped in the neck pickup, so it is out of phase in the middle position.

or you could swap the signal and earth wires instead of dismantling a HB
Quote by forsaknazrael
^He's a smart man.

to sig or not to sig ¬___¬
anyway would the vc50 have enough gain (alot more than the vc30) and have enough for metallica/megadeth
the VC50 has tons more gain and much better voicing than the 30. theyre real different amps

im no metal expert but i'd say the VC50 would do for most metal endevours
will it have a big big low end like mesa?