I have a standard MIM strat. The last time i opened the pickguard i notice it had humbucker slots. Could I put them in my strat? Would it sound as good as anyother humbucker guitar?

I plan on getting 2 if i get a set, either that or 2 humbuckers and a single.
You can put them in there and it would sound pretty good if humbuckers are what you're after. Obviously, it won't sound quite the same as a Les Paul or another mahogany guitar with humbuckers, and there will be a slight difference between it and an alder guitar with a hardtail bridge and humbuckers. It would sound like a Strat with humbuckers, really.
It's a bit more bright, cause of the alder, but you should be able to get some high gain if that's what your after.

But you'll have to get a new pickguard to fit the 2 humbuckers, or cut the holes yourself. The latter would be harder.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I would only put the HB in the bridge position, but that's me. I love a HSS set up, it's probably the most versatile set up you can have. Put a coil split on the HB in the bridge and you have the best of both worlds. SRV to metal in one ax.
Quote by Denthúl
You can put them in there and it would sound pretty good if humbuckers are what you're after. Obviously, it won't sound quite the same as a Les Paul or another mahogany guitar with humbuckers, and there will be a slight difference between it and an alder guitar with a hardtail bridge and humbuckers. It would sound like a Strat with humbuckers, really.

+1

it'll sound "as good" as any other guitar with humbuckers, but it might not sound "the same"... if that makes sense.

do you like van halen's tone? that's a strat with humbuckers (on the earlier albums, anyway).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?