Looking for a new guitar, want an explorer-shaped with 24 frets, no trem! and good pups preferably active EMG's or ones that are good for metal (thrash, heavy, speed etc), cleans not that important

Not more than 1000$
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Strat HSS
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Fender Acoustic

Marshall DSL100 Head
Marshall 1960B Cab
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
Vox AC4TV Combo
Quote by Lil Macker
I think Epiphone have something like that.

Give me a sec.

EDIT:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIEFTS

Like that?

To me that looks slighty different to the usuall explorer, perhaps distortion of the image but it looks narrower...

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Quote by Lil Macker
I think Epiphone have something like that.

Give me a sec.

EDIT:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIEFTS

Like that?

Jesus that looks ugly.

You could always buy a gibson and fit it with EMG's, or for probably a bit more money get one of those pre-lawsuit ESP EXP explorers.
Quote by mfkr
Jesus that looks ugly.

You could always buy a gibson and fit it with EMG's, or for probably a bit more money get one of those pre-lawsuit ESP EXP explorers.

Does, doesn't it? He likes it though, so problem solved!

Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by mfkr
Jesus that looks ugly.

I would have, if they had 24 frets as I said before
Quote by Lil Macker
Does, doesn't it? He likes it though, so problem solved!

Well, maybe if it was more black, but who's picky
Jackson Kelly and take the tremolo arm off?
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by Taylor704
Jackson Kelly and take the tremolo arm off?

I have a jackson kvx10 that has a trem bar, but the thing is i don't use the trem very often and it tend to get out of tune fast and I don't want to struggle that much to tune it each time I want to play and don't get me started on changing strings...
get a jackson ke3, and put a tremblock on (google it i cant remember what its called) the seymour duncans pups are really good and the distortion is amazing, i can play korn and slipknot, and retune and play acdc
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by groose
I have a jackson kvx10 that has a trem bar, but the thing is i don't use the trem very often and it tend to get out of tune fast and I don't want to struggle that much to tune it each time I want to play and don't get me started on changing strings...

i think if your dead set against the idea of a tremolo then go with an ESP Explorer, has 22 frets but has EMGs as standard
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by Taylor704
i think if your dead set against the idea of a tremolo then go with an ESP Explorer, has 22 frets but has EMGs as standard

Yeah, maybe that's the best idea, tho 24 frets would make it perfekt
check out hamer guitars, they used to make an explorer that had a stop tail piece, and they were good guitars to boot. i saw one at guitar center about 5 years ago, idk if hamer still makes em or not
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab