hmmm...yesterday i asked if i should use the low gain input on my combo with emgs and people said yes...high gain was designed for passive in need of boost, low gain for active..

well..i used it yesterday and i wasnt too impressed...things dont sound so good on that input...do i need more gain or what?

and whats do you think would be a good configuration for hardcore stuff in that input?

ive found that this setup in the high-gain slot gets me good pop punk tone (or so i think) remeber - it IS bedroom level though

lead pre- 4
lead post- 2
bass- 6
mid- 4
treble- 6
resonance- 6
prescence- 6
reverb- 1

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
high gain was designed for passive in need of boost, low gain for active..

I thought it was the other way around..
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
is it? hmm, i really dont know...id been using the high gain input until i read something on here yesterday about active pups should use the low gain input

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Just use what you want. I use the low gain input and get on fine, but if you prefer the high gain input, use that.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
you may noy like it just because you arent used to it yet. however if you dont like, then by all means dont use it. what matters is that YOU like your tone. i often use low gain inputs for my passive pups just for a different tone or a tad more headroom.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.