Got the modding itch and have been needing to get me another cab for testing purposes. Also it will be nice to knock the cob webs off the Randall. So I picked her up last night...

Size comparison to the triple stack o death and she made it through the night without being eating by the other amps so I guess she can hold her own lol

Huzzah!
I want to get one of these to do a comparison to my friend's BH Little Giant.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Congrats Ibanez! What do you think of the tone? In your opinion, can it hit metal territory with the bad monkey very well?
Stop buying so much gear.

Jesus.

Congratz. Should've got a Blackheart though.
Quote by gregs1020
Congrats Ibanez! What do you think of the tone? In your opinion, can it hit metal territory with the bad monkey very well?

Its actually pretty decent, I was pretty surprised at how well the speaker handled. But its gonna take me a while to tweak it just right, setup the mxr eq and do a bit of modding. And no it cant do metal or even get close without a distortion pedal. I've heard a few clips of fully modded amps and they still cant do metal decently its just a whole big mess of unusable gain. Its mainly gonna be setup for classic rock and clean riff practice..

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Stop buying so much gear.

Jesus.

Congratz. Should've got a Blackheart though.

Lol buying gear is what I do.... And for the deal I got on it im perfectly happy with it..

Quote by 666_Pounder
Awesome, you need a bigger cupboard!

Lol I know it... Im pretty much out of room now....

And thanks everyone..
Quote by gregs1020
Or a walk in closet!

We actually have a huge walk in closet in our master bedroom that is not really being used but my wife gives me the evil eye anytime I mention putting my stuff in there. lol
I've got the same one. Love that thing. Congrats.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by IbanezPsycho
We actually have a huge walk in closet in our master bedroom that is not really being used but my wife gives me the evil eye anytime I mention putting my stuff in there. lol

Just throw your pimp hand up in the air!

(Invalid img)
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats Psycho!

quite the opposite, but I see why you got it. Can you run some VK clips thru that Epi cab some day so we can hear that speaker? tnx

Yup, im going too.. Just waiting on some longer speaker cables to come in.. The shop I go to was out...
Why you need so much gear?!
BTW: The Randall is tube amp or SS?
GEAR:
guitars - ESP Eclipse-II FM, ESP LTD M-50, crapy classic guitar.
amps - Rivera Venus 3, Rocktorn Rampage 20R.
and crapy pedal of Digitech.
Quote by Varius Strato

essses
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Varius Strato

The Peavey Ultra and Valveking I run in stereo and use for my metal tone. The 4x12 cab is needed to accomplish this because it can be ran in stereo. The Randall is my SS metal amp or low volume practice amp because its volume is more adjustable in a in a night time situation and it has a headphone jack which is a major benefit because tube amps do not. So if I have company over at night im not running them out of the spare bedroom with the two tube amps. The new Valve jr cab is needed because I dont have a cab for the Randall and needed something I could test out broken amps on and not worry about busting a $1000 marshall cab also its more convenient to move around because my side job is a guitar and amp tech. The Valve Jr head is needed because i dont have a low wattage classic rock amp, its great to practice riffs on and its a fun to tweak and mod.

So thats it in a nutshell, each has there pros and cons and there all justified.
or you could just sell all those and get a peavey 6505+ and a mesa duel rectum frier two channel....... and keep your VJ
Quote by texico11
How did you get the rig in the closet?

Just for Lulz

i was wondering the same thing, but i see mic's so im thinking he uses it to record :\ but its not that good of a place to record. its too small for such a big cab.
That closet is exactly what mine will be like when I have a house of my own, some irrelevant time in the late 2010's, or early 2020's. Nice buy.
Quote by convictionless
or you could just sell all those and get a peavey 6505+ and a mesa duel rectum frier two channel....... and keep your VJ

i was wondering the same thing, but i see mic's so im thinking he uses it to record :\ but its not that good of a place to record. its too small for such a big cab.

I could easily get a 6505 or mesa but honestly dont really like there tone at low volume playing. 6505 is to fizzy and raw, Mesa is too loose and loud for bedroom playing without an attuenator. I actually prefer my Ultra over both of them and the valveking is just there as a sound filler to make the tone a little fuller. And my next amp purchase to replace these will be along the lines of something pretty high dollar.

It records fine for what im trying to accomplish... I mainly just record for my own enjoyment, helps with practice and its so I can keep track of riffs I create.

Quote by texico11
How did you get the rig in the closet?

Just for Lulz

The closet is deep enough i can just slide in everything at an angle, straighten then pull forward.
you still have to change your sig ha.

do you have any experience with a metal muff on your tube amps?
Quote by tona_107
you still have to change your sig ha.

do you have any experience with a metal muff on your tube amps?

That I do......

Nope just with SS amps on the metal muff but i have had experiance with similiar pedals on a tube amp. End result is a warmer can of bees. Its hard to beat tube saturation. Now a pedal will sound better on a tube amp but you wont hear a huge difference.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
That I do......

Nope just with SS amps on the metal muff but i have had experiance with similiar pedals on a tube amp. End result is a warmer can of bees. Its hard to beat tube saturation. Now a pedal will sound better on a tube amp but you wont hear a huge difference.

The reason I ask, is because I'm getting a Crate V18 and even though I play a lot of clean(er) stuff, I love Tool (and some other metal), and I was considering getting a metal muff to try and reach some of those tones. What do you think?
Quote by tona_107
The reason I ask, is because I'm getting a Crate V18 and even though I play a lot of clean(er) stuff, I love Tool (and some other metal), and I was considering getting a metal muff to try and reach some of those tones. What do you think?

Its a good option if you dabble in metal from time to time but it might get annoying if its a 50/50 kind of thing. But one thing you might find is you will end up getting pedal after pedal to mimic the band when just getting a good versatile tube amp that can do both would have been a better option for you. Its really a prefrence thing though some can be perfectly happy with a bit of gain and no real tone differnce.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Its a good option if you dabble in metal from time to time but it might get annoying if its a 50/50 kind of thing. But one thing you might find is you will end up getting pedal after pedal to mimic the band when just getting a good versatile tube amp that can do both would have been a better option for you. Its really a prefrence thing though some can be perfectly happy with a bit of gain and no real tone differnce.

Yeah, honestly, I have like 300 bucks in the bank, and no amp. And while I would like to get a nice tube amp, I really don't have the money.
So, then I figured I should get a practice amp, but I also didn't want to waste my money and spend a hundred bucks on an amp that would sound like a pile of s h i t. SO I just decided to spend an extra fifty bucks on a decent tube amp with some alright tone, but I still want to be able to play what I please, so I needed a distortion pedal.
capeesh?
Quote by tona_107
Yeah, honestly, I have like 300 bucks in the bank, and no amp. And while I would like to get a nice tube amp, I really don't have the money.
So, then I figured I should get a practice amp, but I also didn't want to waste my money and spend a hundred bucks on an amp that would sound like a pile of s h i t. SO I just decided to spend an extra fifty bucks on a decent tube amp with some alright tone, but I still want to be able to play what I please, so I needed a distortion pedal.
capeesh?

If your short on cash and need versatility then its a good option so I would say go for it unless you can get a more versatile amp for the money you would spend on the pedal. Just go over all your options.