Ok so I have a Fernandes Ravelle with the Fernandes Sustainer installed in. I've had it for maybe 3 years. The last year I really noticed that it was getting a lot of feedback. But I may just not have noticed it before.

Anyways, with the pickup selector flipped to the neck pickup (sustainer), I get a lot of white noise-type sound in the background. But if I flip the switch that turns on the sustainer system, the noise goes away.

With the pickup selector flipped to the bridge pickup (Seymore-Duncan, not sure what model), there is a small buzzing sound. It isn't nearly as loud as the neck pickup buzzing, but is still noticable. But if I touch anything metal on my guitar (like a volume knob, the bridge, etc.), that little buzzing sound goes away.

So I tell my guitar teacher and show him and he tells me that it's probably a small wiring problem and that I should take it in where I got it. So I take it in and drop it off. An hour later I call the place and the guy says theres nothing wrong with it. So I take it home and there's nothing different about it.

So is there something wrong with it, or could it just always have been like that and I just didn't notice. I should add that it's barely noticeable at very low volumes and clean sounds. If anyone even has an opinion it would be extremely helpful.
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
Well it does it at the amp at my guitar lesson too
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
sounds like a bad earth or a bad connection on one of the wires or connection on the pickup switch. check all the connections are not lose or broken.
LP mod thingy

buy guitars please, need money for RGR420ex
Member No.18 of the 'Yes I am Irish and no more Leprechaun jokes please'
"Member #9 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club. PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join"
I opened my guitar up today and it didn't look like there was anything loose. And the guy that I took it to didn't notice anything either. But I have two questions:

1. Does the silencing of the buzzing of the bridge pickup when I touch something metal definitly indicate a problem?

2. It has a battery pack that is a bit hard to get the battery out, so I might have tugged the wire connecting to the battery a little hard. Could this cause the problem?
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
hey I have a Fernandes too, if you didnt actually pull the wires for battery, it won't cause any problem. So I don't think that's your problem. Have no idea what your problem is though....maybe replace your batteries once ?