So I have the option today of going down town and buying an Ampeg V4 head for $400 flat out the door. Brand new tubes, not the best cosmetic condition, but it works. The thing is, I'm not sure how it is for bass. All of the reviews are for people playing guitar through it, but I want it for bass. It IS a bass amp, right?

Also, should I get this (with a used ampeg 4x10) or an Acoustic Fullstack for my $700? And since you probably didn't already know, I play pop/punk/alternative, but my band is getting a bit heavier so yeah. I want a punch that'll rip your balls off and shove them down your lungs with each note.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
If you want that kind of punch, get the ampeg. It'll rip the acoustic apart. Seriously, there's no comparison between 100 watts all tube and 200 watts solid state. You'll come to love it more when you start playing louder, when things start to sound a little broken-up and growly. I have the SVT-CL, which is the exact same thing but 300 watts all-tube. If it has new tubes, you can't go wrong as long as it's in working shape.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.