Hi everyone,

I changed my old strings today and replaced it with brand new D'addario...

I was happy 'till I noticed that the guitar went out of tune after 5 minutes each time I tuned it... I don't understand why !

Any help with that ?
New strings always go out of tune, nothing to worry about. Just keep playing, and after a day or two, they should be just fine.
it happens with classical guitars a lot, its not the particular strings you bought as it happens with every pack of classical strings you will buy, classical strings are way more of a bitch than electric strings, its taken me up to a week to break them in. the fastest way to do this is just tune the guitar half a step roughly above standard, the added tension sometimes with loosen them up
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
yeh tabassco is right

just grab the strings around the middle area and just pull a bit
it stretches them out
might make the tuning problem stop

now if youre having that problem for a long tim,e,just tie the strings around the tuning peg
'itll stop it from slipping and going out of tune
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
Stretch the strings out!
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Here's the procedure once demonstrated to me by my former string salesperson; put your thumb at one side of a string near the bridge and your index- and middle finger on the opposing side of the string. Now stretch that piece of string by twisting your hand three times, your two fingers pushing the string to one side and your thumb pushing it to the other. Move your hand a few centimeters and twist again three times. Repeat this again and again till you worked your way along the string all the way down to the nut. Then work the other five strings likewise.
Not that this method works noticably better then the others, or noticably better than no artificial stretching at all; the coming week your guitar will drop out of tune every other song no matter what, but it reduces the risk of break a brand new string in the process. Overtuning or pulling in the middle makes for a lot of undue stress concentrated at the points where the string meets the nut and the saddle. The sqeezing method prevents that.
Ok thanks

I'm happy, my strings are perfect now ... No worry to have finally...