Hi im trying to learn my first guitar solo atm, but would like it if someone could explain how to do this first part of enter sandman right,

should i bend both 14 and 15 or? And for me it sounds kinda wierd when i play those 2 notes sametime, same with the second row when doing those 2 note things
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

No, only the 14.
Else there would be 2 arrows (one above 14 and one above 15)
Also only the 15 in the 15onB + 12onE.

And it does sound weird if you don't bent it right away because the note you're bending the 14 to is the one that goes best with the 15 in that music.
Quote by blue_strat
Keep the D at the 15th fret, and just bend the A up to a B.

Yeah if that doesn't make sense. Bend the 14 on the 3rd string and keep the 15 on the 2nd.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
Yeh you should only bend the 14

Enter Sandman as a first solo? Don't you think you're jumping a little in the deep end? lol

Good Luck
Quote by watsee
Yeh you should only bend the 14

Enter Sandman as a first solo? Don't you think you're jumping a little in the deep end? lol

Good Luck

nothing is impossible :P

_________

and would i need a wah for it to sound good?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

That's a really bad choice for a first solo, it's simple by Metallica standards but it's not what I'd call easy, and it's made harder by the fact that it's difficult to hear what's going on at times because of the wah.

My advice - ditch it for the time being, you're struggling right at the start and it gets trickier, and learn something more suitable for a first solo like Highway to Hell by AC/DC or All Right Now by Free.

You're not going to be able to play something like Enter Sandman until you've got a better grasp of the basic lead techniques it uses, such as doublestops, slides and bends. You should also spend some time practicing the techniques themselves before attempting any solos.

Quote by Jaekae
nothing is impossible :P

If you try to play something that's too far ahead of you without building up to it then yes, things are impossible.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 26, 2008,
Whoa... 1st solo? Try something easier... I didnt learn this solo until i was playing for about a year and a half... And btw that tab looks very wrong... Get the power tab version on this site...
Quote by VanMaidenFan88
Whoa... 1st solo? Try something easier... I didnt learn this solo until i was playing for about a year and a half... And btw that tab looks very wrong... Get the power tab version on this site...

Year and a half?? That's wayyy too much time IMO.
Mine was Hotel California solo, when I was playing for like 6 months.

Enter Sandman is bit hard dude, you'll get better by playing an easier solo.
[Also, when you will finish the easier one it will give you motivation to start learning another, it's addicting when you achieve success]
Quote by kimthekiller07
I Want To Ask The Tech To Replace It But He Looks Very Angry And Grumpy.