1. some guys at work in an unknown workstation are sitting around the break room late at night, and one of them gets on the topic of their existence, whether they're all the figment of someone's imagination and all that jazz, or if the universe is really very small or something, and then they all end up going back to work. As it turns out, they're recording a bunch of data from what turns out to be a science experiment - one where they're studying how things unfold in a little universe they've constructed. They're recording things such as "10:31 PM, Newest president 'Bush' is killed, more activity on the edge of the solar system, etc."

or

2. the same thing as before, except instead of them being scientists and all that, the main character goes home, only to be hit by a bus. He ends up waking up in some totally different place, which i have yet to come up with.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
the first one definately. sounds like a michael crichton story, and thats a good thing
Quote by National_Anthem
The first one, easily. Except at the end, the main character still gets hit by a bus on the way back home.

yeah, i was thinking about doing both, but it just seemed like if i was going to have a big "oh ****!" moment, anything after that would just be stupid, because it'd be going too far. I can always just have him get hit by a bus and not wake up anywhere, just end up dying at the end. It seems like it'd be a funny enough ending.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
yeah, i was thinking about doing both, but it just seemed like if i was going to have a big "oh ****!" moment, anything after that would just be stupid, because it'd be going too far. I can always just have him get hit by a bus and not wake up anywhere, just end up dying at the end. It seems like it'd be a funny enough ending.

Yeah, that's what I meant. He just dies, he doesn't wake up anywhere else. Just to add a massive anticlimax