I was just wondering a couple things a while ago and never got them answered (in part because I haven't asked). These aren't urgent or anything, just was thinking about it.

One is, was there any specific tone that was chosen for the notes when music was "made"? Could all the notes have been made a little more flat or sharp and sounds good if that's what was chosen or are the "frequencies" of the notes how it should be?

Another is why were the specific notes chosen for guitar in that order (E G B D A E)

Also my uncle gave me a 1970 US Fender Bullet. Are these the same as the Squires now?

Thanks for any answers to these
Quote by nate763
I was just wondering a couple things a while ago and never got them answered (in part because I haven't asked). These aren't urgent or anything, just was thinking about it.

One is, was there any specific tone that was chosen for the notes when music was "made"? Could all the notes have been made a little more flat or sharp and sounds good if that's what was chosen or are the "frequencies" of the notes how it should be?

Another is why were the specific notes chosen for guitar in that order (E G B D A E)

Also my uncle gave me a 1970 US Fender Bullet. Are these the same as the Squires now?

Thanks for any answers to these

I'm not sure of the first one, but I can assume everything is where it should be.

Firstly, the guitar is not tuned in that order, it's (high to low) E B G D A E. It's because the guitar is tuned in fourths, open string is 4 steps higher than the string before it. The B string mixes things it up because it greatly simpliefied chords.

Your Fender is much better than the Squires
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
The guitar used to be 4(5?) strings. They added the new strings accordingly. Music was never "made" and there are two styles of music. Western and Eastern. The western style has A~G with flat/sharps. The eastern scales are very different with even more notes (a little more flat, a little more sharps, etc)
In regards to your first question, look up something called Equal Temperament, that should answer your question.
Ok thanks everyone. (yea seemed to mix up the G and B. at least you knew what I meant )

Does Fender still make the Bullet or is that now looked at as a starter guitar?
Last edited by nate763 at Aug 26, 2008,