I found a 1966 Vibrolux Reverb, but it's $2850, I've found original Super reverbs for less. How much is the Vibrolux worth?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
About 2 grandish.

For what you're paying though, I'd much rather have a Blackface Deluxe.
Why would a Vibrolux be more than a Super reverb?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1

Why? Because people want it.

Why is a 1971 Marshall Superlead more than a 1971 Marshall Superbass?
I've always seen Supers as more though.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
I've always seen Supers as more though.

Well, things change in the vintage market. One month an amp will be hot, the next month, not so much.

That or the guy doesn't know what he's doing and is asking for too much.
I'm gonna try and get it for $1600, if not, I'll go for the Super.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1

Probably for the same reason this is somehow worth $1500.

Some people are just stupid I guess.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Lol, nice one MatrixClaw!
Quote by chip46
Quote by MatrixClaw
Probably for the same reason this is somehow worth $1500.

Some people are just stupid I guess.

I think the stupid one is the buyer, not the seller. God bless him if he can get that kind of cash for a 4x12. I've seen some dumb stuff, there is guy on CL here in Chi selling a V50 for $350. I don't have the heart to e-mail him a link to the $199 deal new.

To the TS, something built in 1968 is more desirable to a lot of buyers than reissues. Collectors and avid gigging musicians go for that stuff more than average everyday players. (Generalizing people, I know some of us have some real vintage gear that we play everyday).
Quote by gregs1020
I think the stupid one is the buyer, not the seller. God bless him if he can get that kind of cash for a 4x12. I've seen some dumb stuff, there is guy on CL here in Chi selling a V50 for $350. I don't have the heart to e-mail him a link to the $199 deal new.

Yeah, I've had my 1960 up for a few weeks on there for sale or trade for something with Greenbacks or a Krank Stein cab and that guy emailed me saying he'd take my cab + $650 for his I could buy a V30 loaded 1960, V30 loaded Recto cab and a Krank Rev cab for that price. Whoever buys that is an idiot
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
How is the tone of a '68 in comparison to a original Blackface?
Quote by chip46
Quote by chip46
When I wrote "68" earlier I was misquoting you. I thought the Vibrolux you originally posted was a 68. But that 68 super looks pretty nice. According to the add he has fixed a lot on it and it seems (doesn't it always "seem") like he is being straight forward saying it some blemishes. It would be a great surf amp but isn't the easiest to move around, I bet it weighs 70 pounds or better. That or the 66 Vibro would be great for surf. Both are great amps.
But yes, people generally prefer the actual amps from the late 60's as opposed to the reissues.
It also says the reverb tank was replaced with a '64, also, original Supers weigh 59 or 60 lbs.
Quote by chip46
I offered him $1600 for the Vibrolux, and he thinks he's being reasonable, because he found a site where someone sold one for about $3300.
Quote by chip46