Hi!
I might go away on a vacation pretty soon to New York and I have a question.
If I buy a couple of effects over there, bring them back to Sweden, will they work over here? Or is it a similar system like NTSC/PAL and electrical outlets/connecters? I know that lightbulbs bought in America doesn't work here. Does anyone know?

Thanks!!
what kinda effects are you thinking? if its just stomp boxes, they will work

i brought a boxx os-2, small clone and vox wah back from cali to germany and they work - i use em with batteries though - but just a simple european 9V adapter would work too

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yes I bought my Boss pedals from Canada and they work here in Malta. You can use a 9 volt battery or get a 220 volt power supply when you get back home. Don't use the 110 volt ones they use in USA/ Canada
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
Quote by LBMoll
Hi!
I might go away on a vacation pretty soon to New York and I have a question.
If I buy a couple of effects over there, bring them back to Sweden, will they work over here? Or is it a similar system like NTSC/PAL and electrical outlets/connecters? I know that lightbulbs bought in America doesn't work here. Does anyone know?

Thanks!!

been there done that...

det er klart de funker i Europa, mine som jeg kjøpte i usa gjør ivertfall det bare bruk batterier eller en vanlig 9v-adapter så skal alt gå bra
Like everyone said - the adapters you use over at USA won't work in Europe, you'd need to buy new adapters. However, the same batteries would still work.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Yeah, I'm only talking about stomp-boxes and maybe a Digitech Whammy. Okey, so I just need to buy an adapter for my pedals, and everything should be fine? Thanks for all the answers, you guys.
Aha en svensk! Kolla in Fulltone! De är billiga som fan i USA, köper in mina därifrån. Nej då du an vara lugn. Kolla bara så de är 9volt eller 12 volt så funkar de.

Basically I just said that he needs to make sure they're 9 or 12volt and he's fine! Basically an adapter won't work, but with batteries it's not problem.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
It's probably safest to use what the pedal was ment to be used (a 9 volt pedal will probably take in 12 volts no problem, but better safe than sorry).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Internally the pedals are the same its the adapters that are different. So you would need to use batts or find an adapter to use there.