How much can the guitar effect tone when it's running through a Pod? I went on the Line6 forum and everyone said that it matters ALOT. I was expecting the opposite
I have no clue, but it doesnt make a TON of difference on guitar rig.
No more than a regular amp man. I'd say the pickups affect it more than the build quality of the guitar.
It's not like if you have a bad guitar your X3 will sound like trash. it will just sound better with a better guitar, thats all.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Imo its seriously dosent colour my tone when i use the bypass mod
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Well I meant guitar as in strat vs lespaul vs soloist vs hollowbody. Will they all sound the same on the Pod?

And what's bypass mod?
U dont use the amp modeling
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
I've got 4 different guitars and 4 different amps + PA. They all sound different with my POD XT Live. I wouldn't call it alot however. It is enough to change my presets to where I have to tweak them again (which i really don't like doing anymore). When I do find a combination I really like I save it and just use it with that guitar. As far as amp i stick with the Valve Junior now. Like it alot better then my SS amps. I've got those spread out now so I can play anywhere in the house if I feel like it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD