im buying a avatar 1X12 cab for recording and im putting a blackheart handsome devil on top of it. what would the best speaker be for recording metal. my choices are

Celestion Vintage 30
Celestion Greenback
Celestion G12H30
Celestion G12T75
Celestion Classic Lead 80
Hellatone 30
Hellatone 60
Hellatone 60L

i was thinking maybe a greenback would sound good.

ohh and i would most likely be putting a metal muf through it or something. if theres a better metal distortion pedal say something.
Quote by convictionless
i was thinking maybe a greenback would sound good.

ohh and i would most likely be putting a metal muf through it or something. if theres a better metal distortion pedal say something.

I agree. That or the Celestion G12H30.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Greenbacks are not really good for metal, their low frequency response is pretty poor and will flub out if you're turning up the bass.

G12H30s have this ice picky high end that takes for ever to break out of the speakers, if you go with those, get the hellatone 30s.
yeah actually the hellatone 30's might be better. i know the v30 is a no no for recording.

and later on if i make some money from recording, cause i also track drums. i will upgrade to a orange tiny terror. then maybe get a peavey windsor studio for that more marshally tone.
Last edited by convictionless at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Don't get a Windsor studio.

are they that bad? cause i tried one and i found it not too bad. remember i wouldnt be giging with the amp, recording.