Page 1 of 2
Ok so I plan on buying my gf a promise ring. I know that to some of you it sounds stupid that I'd be asking for help for such a thing, but I've never done that before. So I have no idea what would be a good ranging price for a normal promise ring. In dollars. And also some ideas on what style I should buy. Post pics if you can.

I know that after a million posts of putting it on my wang, rape, and people thinking that the thread was about the movie I'll get a serious answer here and there. Thanks in advance.
That's a bit of a stupid idea. Buy her something she'd like instead.
On the plus side, I love your avatar and undertitle!
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
so it's not about the movie?

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus

Quote by BlackLuster
That's a bit of a stupid idea. Buy her something she'd like instead.
On the plus side, I love your avatar and undertitle!

Yeah she wants that. She's pretty much been hinting that for a while now.
Quote by horloko
Yeah she wants that. She's pretty much been hinting that for a while now.

It just seems like a little bit of a waste of time. Get an engagement ring and cut out the middle man.

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by LesPaulLeader08
My hopes were crushed when I found out it wasn't!

mine too friend, mine too

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by *powerslave*
Go to mount doom and forge one there, then you can control the world.

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

I'll set out the Black Riders. The one must be found.
Quote by horloko
I know that after a million posts of putting it on my wang.

im sorry but this made me lol

Whats a promise ring?
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
i would like to help you but im not sure. you can buy one made of white gold (don't know the normal name, is silver and gold mixed together). maybe a hundred dollars will do...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Yeah sure, give her a piece of metal.

That is the true sign of love.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by BlackLuster
It just seems like a little bit of a waste of time. Get an engagement ring and cut out the middle man.

I agree with this man.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by BlackLuster

but an engagement ring is like...cutting out YOUR middleman
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by stratele
Whats a promise ring?

A ring that sort of precedes an engagement ring and is meant to signify a promise to do something meaningful (like remain abstinent and faithful etc, compared with an engagement ring which promises marriage). It must be an American thing, I've never seen or heard of anyone ever have one here.

If you're really serious about getting it, I wouldn't go over $200, as it's meant to signify trust and honour, not how much you're willing to fork out for her.
Also, get something silver, no other colour will do.

Y siempre
Y para siempre
i don't think it should be that expensive or flashy. It may lose the meaning if it's too gaudy. Think simple. my GF has a bronze ring that just says "True love waits". Simple, meaningful, powerful.
Opus Acoustic by Harmony Guitars
Ibanez AEF18 Acoustic Electric
Crate GTD15R

Tophue: Every christian song has the chord progression G, Cadd9 somewhere in the song
Phax: The key of Gsus!!! COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT! haha
Here's a good response: Go see what the price range in your area is, see how high you want to go. Then pick a ring you think your girlfriend would like, because we have no idea. Sometimes threads are made that make me think, "REALLY. You couldn't figure that out for yourself."
Now let us talk about rape and promise ring fellatio in peace.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by *powerslave*
Go to mount doom and forge one there, then you can control the world.

Pure Fuking WIN!!! I was waiting for this hahahaha
this will do

Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by pwninator123
but an engagement ring is like...cutting out YOUR middleman

From the sounds of things, he wants to head down this road (or he wouldn't get a promise ring?) so I figure, why not just cut right to the chase?

Y siempre
Y para siempre
oohhh boy, spending all your money on heroin would make your life slightly less ****ty than the idea you have now..

not really but... still.. women? theyre like beers ...who can have just one?

EDIT damn now i really really want onion rings
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by horatiogates
i don't think it should be that expensive or flashy. It may lose the meaning if it's too gaudy. Think simple. my GF has a bronze ring that just says "True love waits". Simple, meaningful, powerful.

I was thinking something like this. Nice but simple.
Quote by Sleepwalker 666
Pure Fuking WIN!!! I was waiting for this hahahaha

Holy crap I got a compliment on ug I can finally say I've sigged someone
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles

yeah this is why i warned it wasn't about the movie. Scares the crap outta me.

Thanks for the advice. Now another question that's not as urgent. How in the world do I give it to her(the ring)?
Last edited by horloko at Aug 26, 2008,
Promise rings are a dumb ideya. The mean basically, " I promise to promise to marry you one day". Whoever thought of the idea is a moron.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Quote by horloko
Thanks for the advice. Now another question that's not as urgent. How in the world do I give it to her(the ring)?

That's always a big problem. I'd suggest getting down on one knee and doing it, although that'll probably end in inevitable disappointment for her.
I don't know, think about it, you've got some time to play with.

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by BlackLuster
That's always a big problem. I'd suggest getting down on one knee and doing it, although that'll probably end in inevitable disappointment for her.
I don't know, think about it, you've got some time to play with.

I guess this is where the idea of putting it on my wang comes in...
Quote by horloko
I guess this is where the idea of putting it on my wang comes in...

Unless you want it bitten off or something, I'd advise you not to experiment with this particular idea.

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by horloko
1. yeah this is why i warned it wasn't about the movie. Scares the crap outta me.

2. Thanks for the advice. Now another question that's not as urgent. How in the world do I give it to her(the ring)?

1. you are a pussy.

2. give it to her when you bang her for the first time and then be like "KAZAM! look what i was gonna give you!"
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Quote by patrickrh
1. you are a pussy.

2. give it to her when you bang her for the first time and then be like "KAZAM! look what i was gonna give you!"

I already had an idea of what to do but I just needed opinions from other people. Why ask a friend when I can ask the most social and relationship masters like the dwellers of the pit?
Quote by horloko
I already had an idea of what to do but I just needed opinions from other people. Why ask a friend when I can ask the most social and relationship masters like the dwellers of the pit?

Flattery will get you a smack in the mouth round here.
If you're proper desperate for ideas, just put it in the ring-box and wrap it up. Next time you meet her just give it to her and say something corny like "I saw this and thought you might like it". When she opens it you can explain it to her

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by horloko

Now thats the kinda logic i like to hear!

My suggestion: Take her out to dinner or lunch or whatever and if she goes to the bathroom (she will) leave the box on her side of the table and then she'll open it and you'll get teh buttsxecks fo sho. I did something similar to that and it worked..... IRL i swarez
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Wait, what the fuck is a 'promise ring'?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by af_the_fragile
Be hardcore, give her this:

Yes thats a weapons grade ring of plutonium!

I'd do it if I knew where to get it. And i how she could wear it without dying.
Quote by BlackLuster

Yea.

"Oh my god, he is gonna propose to me! Oh, wait, it's just a stupid promise ring.. "
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Page 1 of 2