Well they can play a range of genre's and must know a fair ammount of different techniques so very talented?
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
what a gay thread lol

but jimi hendrix was a session

but you cant say there all good

there some fantstic and some not so
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
I do believe alot of guitarist used to be session guitarists before getting into the band scene. Very talented anyway.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
Look up Steve Lukather on youtube. Theres also a good article in a past guitar world that had some good info on the session scene over the last 30 years. Most session players were awesome guitarists that could site read,play in multiple genres, and just all around versatile guitarists. Definitely not what it used to be ,as there are not as many gigs out there as there used to be. Everyone has pro tools now. But one of the newer guitarists out that has been a great session guitarist in recent years is John 5. Everything from country to pop to rock. Most guitarists today probably couldn't compete in the old session scene because you had to be versed in all genres, site read, as well as be able to interpret what was wanted for the gig as well. Most guitarists today,and I'm talking about most of us on here as well, are one trick ponies that will never be professional musicians no matter what happens. The amount of dedication required to have the skills to session gig is not possessed by most of us here.
Extremely talented. But its a dying art nowadays. Mostly you see session players now in Country acts, and pop music. That's live anyways, session players aren't really needed in the studio anymore.
Amazingly talented. Considering most of them went through years of schooling, and can play various instruments extremely well, I'd say nearly every session musician is more talented then your run-of-the-mill rock guitarist.
The.
99% of session musicians are black and usually very good. If you dont believe me, look on youtube for major solo artists. All the bands black!

Why is this you ask me?

I dont know, but i'd like to know.
Extremely talented. They have to be able to play this stuff on their first few tries, sight-read, and have the necessary technique to pull off the song.

So yes, scarily talented.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Phil Beer is one of the most sought after in the UK. He is incredibly talented. He is also one half of show of hands.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Since I can't think of anything else to do with guitar in college, I've been thinking about being a session musician lately. That'd probably have to start off on the side though. It'd be cool to get hired to play for Miley Cyrus or something though, you'd get payed a lot to play a bunch of freaking easy stuff.
Quote by dgme92
Extremely talented. They have to be able to play this stuff on their first few tries, sight-read, and have the necessary technique to pull off the song.

So yes, scarily talented.

perhaps talented, but I'm pretty sure they all busted their asses practising too
Quote by Preid
99% of session musicians are black and usually very good. If you dont believe me, look on youtube for major solo artists. All the bands black!

Why is this you ask me?

I dont know, but i'd like to know.