I'm trying to use a program called Audacity on my laptop to record a song I wrote, but everything that I record has white noise in the background. I'm pretty sure it comes from the computer vibrating since I'm using the microphone in the laptop. Does anyone know how to get rid of this without spending money?
Blue Snowball (99 bucks) its a USB Condenser MIC, absolutely amazing for the price, I use it with Audacity for recordings and it works perfect for my set up

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden
Blue Snowball (99 bucks) its a USB Condenser MIC, absolutely amazing for the price, I use it with Audacity for recordings and it works perfect for my set up

He said without spending money jackass lol
i know you said you dont wanna spend money, but if you want nice recordings you need to

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
chances are that this noise is a symptom of the crappy soundcard/ converters in all laptops,
those ultra cheap things just arent cut out for recording decent quality.

to answer your question, you could try using the "Noise Removal" effect in Audacity. not ideal but it might work.
the only REAL way to fix this is to get a good sound from source, through a good quality USB or FireWire interface
Quote by selibucaz
He said without spending money jackass lol

at least im offering suggestions jackass - next time you want to be cool, go stick your head in the freezer and slam it shut....JACKASS

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden
at least im offering suggestions jackass - next time you want to be cool, go stick your head in the freezer and slam it shut....JACKASS

OWW THAT HURT IM SUEING lol, jay kay jay kay lmao

but i ment it as a friendly jackass, not a GRRRRRR I AM PISSED AT THE WORLD jackass type of jackass
Last edited by selibucaz at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by selibucaz
im not him

you're nobody so shut up

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden is not a jackass!

You should think about getting a USB type condenser mic as he said. Using the microphone on a laptop will get you, in short, **** recordings.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Okay I guess that helps..... I'll try the noise removal thing and if that doesn't work I'll sell myself on the streets until I get enough money for the MIC... thanks...
Try turning down Input Volume to like 1 or 2.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by JMcG92
Try turning down Input Volume to like 1 or 2.

that wont solve the problem of it being a crappy laptop mic