Right now i have the Gibson Faded Sg, which i really like. But ive been wanting the les paul for a long long time, actually since before i got the gibson. So since i could sell the gibson for enough to get the epi lp i am considering it now.

so what do you guys think i should do? once i got enough money i would swap the pups in the epi, if that makes a difference.

thanks for the help
Quote by Steve The Plank
Save the money and get a Gibby LP Standard.

i wish i could! but that would be like a few years from now before i could afford that, im in college and really cant afford much.
Lp studio? might take less than a few years, y how you described it, it would only take.... (im pretending a few =3) like a year and a half
If money's tight, keep the gibson - I was in the same position about 4 months ago (Not joking - faded SG gibson, epi LP standard, university) - I sold the epi because it had nowhere near the tonal veriety of the Gibson - to my ears, it sounded twice as good and weighed half as much (as the epiphone), so whilst the les paul had sentimental value, I knew musically it was the best thing (and also I needed to pay my bills )
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Last edited by Korzack at Aug 26, 2008,
ok thanks for the replies guys, i guess ill probably just keep the gibby. i do love that guitar anyway
SG USERS THREAD!

VISIT IT

Keep the gibby btw, in case I was spamming up and not helping XD
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
i think you should be well chuffed with what you have

but i cant justify spending the price of a les paul standard on a gutiar tbh

however good they are its a small fortune for me
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
Quote by Korzack
If money's tight, keep the gibson - I was in the same position about 4 months ago (Not joking - faded SG gibson, epi LP standard, university) - I sold the epi because it had nowhere near the tonal veriety of the Gibson - to my ears, it sounded twice as good and weighed half as much (as the epiphone), so whilst the les paul had sentimental value, I knew musically it was the best thing (and also I needed to pay my bills )

You technically said that it weighed half as much to your ears.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard