i bought locking tuners from dragonfire (im like 95% sure it was them) and they are pretty nice. work well and the quality is good. however, i dont think would really trust cheapo pickups for quality. something thats that cheap for a full set of pickups just screams "bland" to me.
Buying "dragonfire" pickups is probably very similar to buying GFS pickups, etc. General concensus is yes, they do make a difference, but won't sound nearly as good as DiMarzio, Duncan, EMG, etc. pickups would.
crazy talking animals
Quote by mrvile
Buying "dragonfire" pickups is probably very similar to buying GFS pickups, etc. General concensus is yes, they do make a difference, but won't sound nearly as good as DiMarzio, Duncan, EMG, etc. pickups would.

of course not your right, but i dont want to put a whole bunch of money into this thing. but i think ill buy them and install them and we'll see what happens
necroscience13 ... I agree. Tuners that are smooth and positive will not wear out for a very long time ! And pickups may be 'good enough' for a lot less than big names. I live in Lindy's town and my pals are his friends. So they can get pickups at dealer cost. But the rule is : spend the $ on a good amp, specifically a good speaker for it. An ordinary guitar with pretty good pups (like GFS, Dragonfire, etc.) into a good Fender tube amp (mine is a '73 Princeton Reverb with a nice Celestion in it) makes a big difference and shows you just how pickups sound.
Last edited by Blackdogxx at Jul 3, 2016,
I had a pair of Dragonfire pickups, the EMG 81-85-alike set. They were okay, but they emphasized some of the bad characteristics of the EMG set: a bit too nasally, and a bit too compressed.

I imagine that most pickup sets they do will be the same manner of "not bad for a knock-off"
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
They are great for money but as stated about half as good as the main brands.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A