so im a room player...hoping to get gigs in the future...
and im wondering if the peavey classic 30 can be played in a room(if its sounds good on low volume in other words)

EDIT:READ OTHER MESSAGES
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
Last edited by Maxv4 at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You could use it in your room. It has a post volume control.

is it any good for high gain?
or il need a OD pedal to boost it?
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
Quote by Maxv4
is it any good for high gain?
or il need a OD pedal to boost it?

You'll DEFINATELY need a boost.

It's more if a blues/classic rock kind of thing.

Mind you, I've busted out Maiden on them before successfully at a talent show.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

:\
can you recomand me of a nice little high gain tube amp ?
Quote by andy331

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
How much money are you spending?

last then 1500$...
Quote by andy331

Quote by Maxv4
last then 1500$...

For metal, a low wattage monster would be the Krank Rev Jr.

Sounds great and it won't break the bank.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
For metal, a low wattage monster would be the Krank Rev Jr.

Sounds great and it won't break the bank.

the big problem is...
kranks not getting to my country :\
Quote by andy331

engl screamer combo
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kayman121
engl screamer combo

ENGL is too expensive here :\
Quote by andy331

where is your location?
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kayman121
where is your location?

israel
Quote by andy331

hmm damn...how is the value of vox amps over there?
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kayman121
hmm damn...how is the value of vox amps over there?

lets say the Peavey classic 30 is 600$ cheaper then the VOX AC30CC1
Quote by andy331

^bump
Quote by andy331

ok 10Q all...
i think im going to get The Peavey with a pedal
Quote by andy331

Quote by Maxv4
ok 10Q all...
i think im going to get The Peavey with a pedal

Probably the best choice.

Although you could look into a Hughes and Kettner Statesman. Technically a Classic Rock Blues type amp. Sounds very similar to the Peavey, but it's got more of a bottom end, and a lot more gain to it. Also it's 20 watts so you can turn it up a little more.

Still it's about 1100, while the Peavey is 700 or so, so the peavey + pedal is still probably the best choice.
Quote by Highwaytohell
My peavey gets convincingly awesome metal tones with my overdrive (the Zenith Arteffects)
Actually, They manufacture the Zenith Arteffect OD in isreal... http://www.art-tone.com/

haha as soon as i read that he lived in israel I first thought to myself ZENITH ARTEFFECT OD!!!!

Then I saw your post, you beat me too it

Classic 30+ zenith arteffect = pwn
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
hope il get this amp by the end of the year
10X guys really help me
Quote by andy331

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

I can get some pretty good trash tones out of it.
Turn up your gain and scoop the mids
Jk
But some heavier stuff and you will need a boost. It is fine for bedroom practicing. It might bug you family a BIT but it is really ok. And it does sound good.
If you want modernmetal, however, I suggest the Krank Rev Jr.
I own the Rivera Venus 3, 15W tube amp with a switch to 7W, and still isn't for my room.
So 30W?
GEAR:
guitars - ESP Eclipse-II FM, ESP LTD M-50, crapy classic guitar.
amps - Rivera Venus 3, Rocktorn Rampage 20R.
and crapy pedal of Digitech.
Quote by Varius Strato
I own the Rivera Venus 3, 15W tube amp with a switch to 7W, and still isn't for my room.
So 30W?

Amp wattage does not always determine output volume. Even amps with the same amount of wattage can sound softer than others. Hell, anyone who knows gabel here on the threads might of heard his story of how his 18 watt marshall clone was louder than his Rocker 30.

Don't worry TS, the Classic 30 works fine in bedroom environment. I love cranking mine though !

Zenith Arteffects overdrive also happens to be quite transparent, very clear, and very versatille. I highly reccomend it.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Amp wattage does not always determine output volume. Even amps with the same amount of wattage can sound softer than others. Hell, anyone who knows gabel here on the threads might of heard his story of how his 18 watt marshall clone was louder than his Rocker 30.

Don't worry TS, the Classic 30 works fine in bedroom environment. I love cranking mine though !

Zenith Arteffects overdrive also happens to be quite transparent, very clear, and very versatille. I highly reccomend it.

In the US you have Arteffects? Or you are from Israel?
GEAR:
If you're trying to get mean metal tones then you'll definitely want to invest in some pedals. The clean tones are great though, and the clarity of the sound does not diminish at the lower volumes.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by Varius Strato
In the US you have Arteffects? Or you are from Israel?

Yes I'm in the US and own an arteffects. I was lucky to live near one of their few US dealers. They manufacture them in Isreal and I believe they sell them there. Really amazing pedals.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Yes I'm in the US and own an arteffects. I was lucky to live near one of their few US dealers. They manufacture them in Isreal and I believe they sell them there. Really amazing pedals.

Of course they sell theirs pedals here.
GEAR: