ive been playing my Yamaha Pacifica for a while now and i want to upgrade. The strat shape is pretty much the only body style i feel comfortable holding because of the sloped angle for your forearm. I dont have enough for an American Strat, but i was thinking of getting a Korean made, Lite-Ash Strat.

Are there any other midrange strats with 22 frets? I know about the Highway One, but the price of that is pushing it.

How good would yall say the Lite Ash is compared to an American Strat?

Can anybody suggest any other options?
The only guitars i can think of that have similar shapes to the Strat are RGs and Dinkys. But thats not my style as i play mostly classic rock and blues.

ty
The Highway One might be quite good aswell, and if it's too 'heavy' sounding for you (which it hardly is), just have a pickup swap.

The best thing: it's USA made.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Steve The Plank
There are plenty of mid-priced strats.
What's your budget?

My budget is about $600, i know theres a bunch of pretty good MIMs but having 22 frets is important to me.
Try e-bay for a used USA Strat. You could probably find a decent deal.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
The key thing to remember here is that the 'Lite Ash' Strats sound and feel quite different to other regular Strats. Ash has a lighter, brighter tone than alder (which the majority of other Strats are made from), it will weigh a little bit more than a regular Strat, and it should have a tiny bit longer sustain (though it may be such a small difference you won't notice it). Some people find that ash-bodied Strats are too bright-sounding, so they're really not for everyone. Definitely make sure you try one before you buy it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Korean made strat are pro better than mexican and japanese models but not good as the american. I would recommend you getting the korean strat. Seriously
Quote by MrFlibble
The key thing to remember here is that the 'Lite Ash' Strats sound and feel quite different to other regular Strats. Ash has a lighter, brighter tone than alder (which the majority of other Strats are made from), it will weigh a little bit more than a regular Strat, and it should have a tiny bit longer sustain (though it may be such a small difference you won't notice it). Some people find that ash-bodied Strats are too bright-sounding, so they're really not for everyone. Definitely make sure you try one before you buy it.

Hmm, I thought that lite ash had a warmer tone than alder. At least with Telecasters...maybe I just have it all backwards.
crazy talking animals
You have that backwards. Pretty much the only wood that is often used that has a brighter tone than ash is maple. There's a couple of others that are brighter too (such as walnut), but they tend to be very rarely used. Generally speaking, ash is the brightest of the common body woods.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.