Poll: do you think what the kid did was acceptable?
Poll Options
View poll results: do you think what the kid did was acceptable?
yes, he was just dancing
16 4%
no, what he did was wrong
123 27%
no, what he did was wrong, he should be charged with a crime
311 69%
Voters: 450.
Page 1 of 4
so a few nights ago i went to a show at a place called knights of columbus, with war from the harlots mouth, psyopus and a few other bands. now im not a big fan of this type of music, but a couple of my close friends were going and i thought itd be pretty cool. as you would imagine, plenty of mosh pits and whatnot.

during one of the songs from one of the bands (i think it was psyopus...) there was absolutely noone in the mosh pit, kinda just an empty circle with people facing inwards headbanging or whatever. so some guy (might have been drunk, not sure) walked in with a beer in his hand and walks into the mosh pit and just stands in it, nodding his head to the music, just enjoying it or whatever. as hes doing that, some kid starts hardcore dancing in the mosh pit. now, im not expert on hardcore dancing (i think its some stupid ****), but me and my friends could tell that he was aiming to hit that guy. i dunno if the purpose of hardcore dancing is to hit people, but anyway hes dancing away and the guy is just standing there. the kid gets closer and closer, and all of a sudden just smashes his elbow right into the guys face EXTREMELY hard. the guy is knocked out cold, blood streaming from his nose and his mouth, so i call the paramedics. they get on the scene pretty fast, clean the guy up, take him away on the stretcher etc etc.

after all this, they ask "how did this happen" to some people that were standing on the edge of the circle. all of them said, "oh he fell" or "he tripped over something" none of them said that the kid hit him while he was dancing. i was thinking to myself, wtf? this kid obviously hit him on purpose and ****ed him up pretty damn hard, shouldnt he get some sort of blame?

so i come to the pit, wondering what you guys think. the kid obviously did it on purpose, and wasnt very remorseful over what he did. what are your thoughts on this situation?

tl;dr some kid bashed a guys face in on purpose while hardcore dancing
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
what a twat
i hate it when people try to hurt people in pits just for the ****ing fun of it.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
yeah mosh pits are dangerous
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
Maybe the drunk guy raped the hardcore dancer's sister or something.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
You should have told on the kid and then left the concert. The little bitch deserved to be reprimanded for putting a guy in the hospital.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Pits are for fun. You don't aim to hurt people. That kid was a ****ing ****tard.
GEAR

Ibanez RG 420 CM

Line 6 Spider III
Whoever said it was acceptable needs to have their balls removed because they don't deserve them. (unless they're in their mouth)
Quote by Nirvana6722

Nope, douchebags in mosh pits are dangerous.
Especially those hardcore dancers.
There was this one dude at a Linkin Park concert wearing a spiked arm band in the moshpit. My friend got hit in the face with that and the dude thought his arm band was cool!
Quote by GiantRaven
Thats ****ing disgusting

That kid should have gotten the **** beaten out of him

+1
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
I honestly would have beat that ****er up. :-/. I hate that ****.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by GiantRaven
Thats ****ing disgusting

That kid should have gotten the **** beaten out of him

Agreed.

I hope you got his DNA, TS.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Hardcore dancing is so gay. Although it is fun to watch kids make an ass out of themselves.
I think hardcore dancing is stupid in the first place... but hitting someone without prompt is stupid ^3.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
moshing i can understand but hardcore dancing is by far the gayest thing known to mankind. It looks like an epileptic having a seizure. No offence to any epileptic UG users
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by Nirvana6722

not if you aren't a complete fucktard.

any decent pit should be completely safe even if you get knocked to the floor.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I beat the **** out of some faggot that was trying to hardcore dance at school. needless to say, he got the **** knocked out of him...
id have gone and hit that hardcore little b*tch. more than just once.
Microsoft Works...there's and oxymoron for you.
Why can't they just listen to the music, and let people enjoy what they paid for.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
go type in "wall of death" in youtube. thats a true crazy moshpit haha. lamb of god does it like nobody else =D
Microsoft Works...there's and oxymoron for you.
Quote by adtthosa
Hardcore dancing is so gay. Although it is fun to watch kids make an ass out of themselves.

True that!!!
Still less unpleasant than having guys OD on you...
As for the "charged with a crime" thing, it's assault, the guy that got hit could press charges if he wanted.
not if you aren't a complete fucktard.

any decent pit should be completely safe even if you get knocked to the floor.

Yeah. Every pit I've been in people help you up if you fall, etc...it's just supposed to be fun.

other than this one.
thats some extreme bull ****!
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Yeah gigs are generally quite safe even if they are a bit rough.

At Reading some girl got knocked over just as people were pushing in the crowd (not a mosh pit) and 2 of us grabbed her and got her on her feet before she even fell over. Everyone looks out for eachother.

Though at RATM, we had to crowdsurf some unconscious girl over us, it was so crowded everyone got crushed against the back of the pit area, and we were forced to jump over the barrier into the security section.
If someone is stupid enough to stand in the middle of a mosh pit, then they deserve what they get.
mosh pits, hardcore dancing and all this stuff is just plain dumb...i don't understand why ppl do that. I mean... it's not even funny! it just ruins a part of the show of the people who wants to listen to the music...
Je parle français, excusez mon language inaproprié quand je m'exprime en anglais.

Quote by Pagan-Pie
If someone is stupid enough to stand in the middle of a mosh pit, then they deserve what they get.

I disagree.

However, I think if someone is stupid enough to say that, then they deserve what they get.
Quote by Pagan-Pie

not if what they get is beyond what you'd expect in any normal mosh pit.

hell that's beyond what you'd expect in a rougher than normal pit.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by nikhil101
moshing i can understand but hardcore dancing is by far the gayest thing known to mankind. It looks like an epileptic having a seizure. No offence to any epileptic UG users

lol +1 no offence to any epileptic UG users
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ

Michael Kelly Patriot Ltd.

Spector N20004

Michael Kelly V65 Acoustic

Vintage 1965 Fender Bassman Stack

Crate GFX1200H On a Behringer Bass Cab

Orange Fund: $48
I don't like mosh pits that much. Had a bit of fun in some for a bit, but overall they're just a pain.

People clear an area, push everyone back to form them and it's like "f*ck off I'm trying to watch the damn band." It's like everyone around has to be shoved around and squished inbetween people because a few people wanna be a bit violent. And I recon in every moshpit about 20% of the people probably do just want to hurt people, luckily the other 80% help people up etc.
My buddies went to lollapalooza this year, and they said the Rage concert had to be stopped three times because it was basically a riot. They said around 20 people went to the hospital : o.
That kid was stupid. Even in mosh pits you still have to have a certain degree of respect and control.

EDIT: Also hardcore dancing is gay. Next time, start a Wall Of Death with the kid in the middle and everybody crush him.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Gaz_m2k5

Though at RATM, we had to crowdsurf some unconscious girl over us, it was so crowded everyone got crushed against the back of the pit area, and we were forced to jump over the barrier into the security section.

I was getting crushed in RATM's set, it wasn't nice. Near me there was some guy having a panic attack because he was claustrophic. It all got sorted out quite quickly though. Rage were amazing.
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
I don't think the guy should have been charged with a crime: If that was the case, anyone who moshed would be put in jail.
The.
To be fair he shouldn't have stood in the middle of the pit.

But that still doesn't excuse the hXc tough guy.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Page 1 of 4