instead your normal hard drive?
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Of course, why wouldn't you be able to? Unless it's unplugged. That might present a problem.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i was just curious is all coz i didnt know if youd be able to boot it from the external hdd

Quote by chll

Quote by Kensai
Of course, why wouldn't you be able to? Unless it's unplugged. That might present a problem.

Haha. Yes, you can do everything you can do normally also on an external HDD; as long as it's plugged in of course.
you can put operating systems on external hds and booth from them as long as ur mobo supports usb boot
all games should work fine though unless they are heavy on cacheing data ie replays on entire races
Of course, Transfer speed on a USB line may present some problems with speed, but should be quick enough I'd imagine.
as long as u play it on your comp, it's fine.
If you try to play it on a friend's computer, it might bring you some trouble.
Many games input registry keys upon installation. These are installed on the PC's internal registry, thus, linking THAT installation to THAT system.

if you`re lucky, you'll be able to take your games with you. just have to try it out.
as everyone else has said yes you can

although when you install your game you'll have to change the drive you're installing it to from the default (usually C:\) to whatever your hardrive is, J:\ or something
thanks guys its really appreciated
because i wanted to buy one and instead of clogging my hard drive with games i wanted one so i could put them on there COD4 etc.

Quote by chll

It will work, but I wouldnt recommend running anything memory intensive on it.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
may might run like crap (unless its 7 years old, where it'll probably run brilliant in any case)

my roommate needed ages before he realised the reason his computer stuttered when displaying high definition video because he was watching it from his external harddrive

Quote by BFMVrrule
i was just curious is all coz i didnt know if youd be able to boot it from the external hdd

if you're crafty you can install Windows onto an external hdd