So ive decide to go for the new model of the EL34'S, the E34L'S here is a description

JJ E34L (EL34)

This is the very latest edition of JJ's EL34 tube, the E34L.

Factory description: Gold plated control grid for improved fidelity. Special plate alloy improves plate dissipation as compared to the standard EL34 resulting in stable performance at higher power levels.

My observation: This tube has about 20% more head room than the standard EL34 and it also has a deeper, tighter low end. The E34L is also a bit punchier and more aggressive than the standard EL34 which makes it a Great tube for Matchless, Bogner, Carvin, Peavey and all Marshall amps. I have them in one of my old SUNN heads. Incredible sound! The E34L and the JJ KT77 are the only EL34 type tubes that I have found that will stand up to the 700 plus plate volts found in the Musicman HD 130 amps.

The high grade E34L form the JJ/TESLA factory. The valve is beatifully made with thick glass and large anode plates. This valve offers higher plate dissipation than the JJ/TESLA EL34 and has a smoother top end. The valve works superbly in audio or guitar amplifier applications. The TESLA factor have had years of experience and make some of the best sounding and most musical valves available today.

Here is a link to the site, they seem kinda cheap, i don't like cheap

http://www.watfordvalves.com/product_detail.asp?id=842

They will be going in a GH100L, I'm aiming for that Paul gilbert tone.

Laney GH100L Standard retube with E34L's
Price: 95.00
Description: A matched quad of the JJ E34L's, three standard ECC83S's and a balanced ECC83S for the phase inverter in V4. These will get you more of that pushed mid British tone but with a deeper low end that is tight and punchy!
Last edited by sharpant at Aug 26, 2008,
I have EL34's in my Laney VH100R (GH100L with a clean channel) and I found them to be really rather trebly. They aren't bad tubes, many people love them, but I'm leaning into the JJ6L6 territory for my Laney now, to even out the harsh nature of the amp and give me a better low end thump.

What's in yours at the moment?
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Tad El34b's, when did you change yours? if i change mine is it necessary to change the pre-amp valves as well?
Oops, scratch what I just said. I have EH EL34's. The JJ's are supposed to be darker than EH's. Ask the guys here a bit too:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473149

EDIT: I changed mine quite recently, when one broke. I just switched out the power tubes.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X